MERGED-->3rd Leg Opening Act?+Third Leg Support?+ Jet to open third leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jelloe

The Fly
3rd Leg Opening Act

None needed...just yield the the time for more U2 songs to rock!!!

the tourist said:
Muse should open for U2.

:up:

Axver's ideal Boston run:

24 May 2005
Opener #1: Muse
Opener #2: The Dalton Brothers
Opener #3: Dream Theatre
Main act: U2

26 May 2005
Opener #1: Porcupine Tree
Opener #2: The Passengers
Opener #3: The reformed Crowded House

28 May 2005
Opener #1: REM
Opener #2: The Hype
Opener #3: Dire Straits

:drool:

sure you wouldn't like Led Zeppelin or Queen (original members, of course) in there Axver?

opening act????

does anyone have an idea who will be the opening act for the 3rd leg????

sorry if this has been asked before. :eek:

all the european opening acts are so good so i hope the 3rd leg hs even better opening acts.

Last edited:
Who Should Open for the 2nd U.S. Leg?

Ok we've got them coming back in the Fall but who is going to be the support act. Nothing against Kings of Leon (to be honest, haven't heard them yet) but I hope we can get someone different on the second go round.

Would love to have any of the following:

Franz Ferdinand
Keane
Snow Patrol
The Killers
Brazilian Girls (just listen to track 2 on Amazon. this group is great)

Thoughts from the gallery?

:dance: :dance: :dance:

RA-D said:
sure you wouldn't like Led Zeppelin or Queen (original members, of course) in there Axver?

Get me tickets to a fourth show and they can feature!

Re: Who Should Open for the 2nd U.S. Leg?

Westport said:
Ok we've got them coming back in the Fall but who is going to be the support act. Nothing against Kings of Leon (to be honest, haven't heard them yet) but I hope we can get someone different on the second go round.

Would love to have any of the following:

Franz Ferdinand
Keane
Snow Patrol
The Killers
Brazilian Girls (just listen to track 2 on Amazon. this group is great)

Thoughts from the gallery?

:dance: :dance: :dance:

You said it yourself in your sig

dress rehearsal....

....my band :)

opening band, 3rd leg?

has anyone heard rumors/confirmations?

if not, let the speculation begin.

my dream would be for Doves to open.

Re: opening band, 3rd leg?

mikal said:
has anyone heard rumors/confirmations?

if not, let the speculation begin.

my dream would be for Doves to open.

That would be the best line up ever!!! Doves are amazing--Lost Souls is one of my all time favorite albums--the new album is really good too.

In my opinion, album-wise since 2000 (Doves inception), they have given U2 a run for their money. U2 is my favorite band EVER but Doves have a fresher/more interesting sound over the last 5 years. Of course they don't have the 25 years of history and the big concerts but musically they are great.

Any of those bands opening in Europe would be fine with me. Saw Keane last month and LOVED them. But if I could pick, I want the Killers!! ( I am not really all that excited about seeing Kings of Leon. But I am only going to 1 show in leg 1..so what do I care?!)

Also...Neil Finn or Finn Brothers would be really nice too.

Jet to open third leg?

There's a rumor going around that Jet is going to be supporting U2 during the third leg. No link or anything, just a huge U2 fan who's a friend of my brother, and tends to be right on the rare occasion he mentions these things.

What do you all think? I'd still rather have the White Stripes. Or Weezer. =P

Good grief, no. That would be even worse than Kings Of Leon, and that's saying something because KOL are terrible.

oh dear god no!:no:
I've been fearing that we'll get the Scissor Sisters, but I'll gladly take them anytime over Jet...

But seriously, I think Jet has been touring A LOT over the last year or so and their album has been out for quite a while. I think the opening act on the third leg will have some "freshness" to them.

Jet would be much better then Kings of Leon. Though I would also prefer The White Stripes but I don't think they would open for U2. Axver you lost all credibility to me when you said that Dreamtheater would be a great opener for U2 in another thread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom