MERGED-->3rd Leg Opening Act?+Third Leg Support?+ Jet to open third leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
madonna said:
Doves & U2

because that would be the lineup of all lineups this year..

i would absolutely shit myself if that ever happens. 2 of my all time favorite bands on the same night. i would probably die of sheer excitment and joy. :faint:

oasis would be really great too but i can't see it happening as after selling out basically the same size venues as u2 i don't think that they would do it....or if they did it would be a few show deal like they did for popmart. liam is not reliable enough to open the whole 3rd leg. i don't think they ever did a non stop no trantrum 33 stop tour in an entire year let alone in 3 1/2 months.

the killers would be good but i heard they aren't that great live though. and interpol and elbow would also be 2 great choices.

please pray for it to be someone good. PLEASE!!!!

Third Leg Support?

Are there any rumors going around about an opening act?

It's rumoured that Alter Bridge has been approached. I've heard that Bono and Mark Tremonti are friends.

spasm26 said:
It's rumoured that Alter Bridge has been approached. I've heard that Bono and Mark Tremonti are friends.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously hope that is a joke.

I would like to see The Killers open up. It would be cool to see The Alarm open for them like on the War Tour.:drool:

unosdostres14 said:
I would like to see Snow Patrol, Keane, or the Killers.

I agree - The Killers would definitely be at the top of my list; Snow Patrol and Keane are tied for 2nd.

i still think looking at who else is in the intrtscopr fasmily with a new album coming out in late summer could yield an answer.

I really hope The Killers or Franz Ferdinand are the openers. Stereophonics would rock too, I saw them when they opened for David Bowie last year.. they really put on a good show.

It won't be Franz because they're opening for Coldplay in North America.

Charlilaur86 said:
I really hope The Killers or Franz Ferdinand are the openers. Stereophonics would rock too, I saw them when they opened for David Bowie last year.. they really put on a good show.

:wave: I was at the Pittsburgh Bowie show and the Stereophonics were excellent!

That Alter Bridge thing was a very bad joke, right? :yikes:

I think Audioslave would be a good opener and they have a new album coming out (but I really don't like the first single off of it).

I've posted this elsewhere but most of the bands who were rumored to open for them before the album came out are confirmed except for the Scissor Sisters. Personally, I'm hoping that rumor stays a rumor but I'm sure if I can make it through Nelly Furtado, PJ Harvey, and Smashmouth, I can make it through any band (That's not meant to be a rip on any of the performers, it's just none of them are to my taste).

It's going to be split between three bands, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers and Oasis. Each will be playing a few dates.

This is the truth. I broke the Kings of Leon opening before it was even a rumor (check my past posts) and I got this straight from a crew member at the rehearsal yesterday.

Last edited:
Well, if that's true than this will be the first time a band I actually want to see opens for U2. I'll be happy with any of the 3, but I want to see Franz more.

Back
Top Bottom