Merged: 3rd Leg Opening Act Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keane was on my local radio station today. They said they're opening for U2 for the 5 New York dates in October at MSG.
They had some nice things to say about opening for U2 in Europe over the summer as well. They received a note from Bono that said he enjoys singing their songs in the shower. :lol:

U2dork said:
Keane was on my local radio station today. They said they're opening for U2 for the 5 New York dates in October at MSG.
They had some nice things to say about opening for U2 in Europe over the summer as well. They received a note from Bono that said he enjoys singing their songs in the shower. :lol:

That's funny! Bono singing in the shower! :drool:
I like Keane. I wish they were opening in Vegas or
in Portland. But I get Damian Marley and Kanye West.

U2dork said:

Edit: they have it listed on their website http://www.keaneband.com/ in the gig section.

:lmao: I am so out of it today. I meant to edit my original post but I guess I hit the quote button instead. :lol:

real edit: Let's see if I do it right this time...
I guess I was blinded by the shock of seeing Patti Smith on the openers list that I missed Keane has already been announced. Yeah, I'm gonna go and have a cup of coffee now. :huh:

Last edited:
sami0201 said:
I want to know who is opening in Miami already!!! :lol:

I understand your PAIN!! Everyother date is getting their opening bands announced AHH..... I just hope it is someone good in Miami

Damien Marley in L.A....(sob). I'll be outside till the very last possible moment. Well, I got the Pixies in early 1992, Public Enemy/Sugar Cubes in late 1992, Oasis in 1997, PJ Harvey and No Doubt in 2001 so I've been lucky until 2005 (Kings of Leon and Damien Marley...ugh)

Is Patti Smith opening for u2 on all the MSG dates in October?? I'm going to the 10/11 show....thanks.

There haven't been any buzzing lately about the shows without an opening act have there? I am really anxious to know!

All I know is Springsteen's acoustic tour ends a few weeks before the Dec. 4-12 block of dates :hmm:

yeahhh I'm just dreaming

Halup said:
Damian Marley is Bob Marley's youngest son. We all know the guys love Bob Marley and Adam has said his favorite band of all time is Bob Marley and the Wailers.

Ziggy Marley played with U2 at the Smile Jamaica concert in 1988, so I think they will be happy to have another Marley on tour with them. Perhaps Redemption Song will work its way into the setlist, like in 1992.

If my sign has any effect, it definately will in Detroit.

edit: :wink:

We opened for The Wailers in Montreal on my birthday last year...what a privilege, they are AMAZING!

and.....the same 7500 people that showed up to listen to the main act, The Wailers, sang and cheered for our U2 renditions as well....I'm pretty sure 90% of U2 fans will give Damian the same treatment.... :yes: :up:

G

Last edited:
Re: Who is opening U2 Las Vegas?

Another Day said:
The Killers are the obvious answer, but I suspect it will be someone else...

What are the Black Eyed Peas doing that week?

God that would be AWESOME....

the Black Eyed Peas that is...

The Killers need a few more songs for a complete set, dont they?

*ducks*

LOL

G

Re: Re: Who is opening U2 Las Vegas?

gabrielvox said:

God that would be AWESOME....

the Black Eyed Peas that is...

The Killers need a few more songs for a complete set, dont they?

*ducks*

LOL

G

Not for a 45-minute set they don't.

I'm looking at the bright side, gettibg to Staples from OC can be a bit of a grind in the 5-7pm timeframe, so now that I know there isn't shit worth seeing until 9pm or so, I can leave later and avoid the major traffic.

Opening act?

Hello,

Does anyone know who is opening for the 12/4 and 12/5 Boston shows.

It looks like Arcade Fire opens some shows before that and Kanye West opens some shows after that, but I haven't found anything on who is opening these shows.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Uno

Who's the LA opener?

Anyone know who will be opening for U2 in LA?

I was poking around here but couldn't find anything.

Thanks
Sidster.

never mind. found it.
:der:

Back
Top Bottom