McGuinness Confirms stage setup is in the round!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If that does mean the stage is in the centre of the arena (Which It Does right?)
I dont think I'll Like that....I'll have to see to say Yes or No, But I dont like the sound of it....
As Long as there playing I guess, who cares!

Before anyone gets fooled:

"McGuinness would only say it's an in-the-round stage at one end of the floor similar to the Elevation setup."

Fancy a loan of my glasses? :wink: They may just be a little too thick for your purposes, though.

Maybe we should just send you back to a grade three comprehension class? :wink:

I saw Peter Gabriel on his Growing Up tour with an IN THE ROUND stage. That was amazing. But the article says "McGuinness would only say it's an in-the-round stage at one end of the floor similar to the Elevation setup." I can only guess an open backed stage with people seated behind the stage like there were last tour. not actual in the round like Gabriel did, or many artists before him.

I heard the stage is on the ceiling.

which means you GA people got suckered.

nose bleeds are best-in-house.:up:

Folks...

Im pretty sure that sentence means it is an endstage with views from all of the arena--ie like elevation as he says--

iI dont think he means the stage rotates. Why would they have arotating endstage--that makes little sense...

relax people... in the round doesn't neccesarily mean it's in the middle of the floor. it just means that it's visable from all angles. and seeing as paul also said that the stage was "at one side of the floor" i would think that's a pretty good give away that the stage will in fact be at one side of the floor.

in the round

Visible from all sides, as in Jerry's done an excellent job in this interview, really portraying the senator in the round. This expression, which dates from about 1800, was at first used for a free-standing piece of sculpture (as opposed to a relief on a wall), and a century later for a theatrical stage (called theater-in-the-round) so placed that the audience could see a performance from all sides. Since the 1920s it has also been used figuratively for someone or something seen three-dimensionally, as in the example.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer.

what I understood.... is that there will be a B-stage at one side of the floor that will be in the round... like Elevation

neutral said:

I believe this is correct, my top-sekrit inside source (aka Headache's cousin :heart: ) told me so. :yes:

ironicly my cousin is also cousin's with some famous, wiley irish dude...

cousin.jpg

korczykp said:
what I understood.... is that there will be a B-stage at one side of the floor that will be in the round... like Elevation

I never saw a B stage at any of the Elevation shows I went to. Where was it?

This is on ticketmaster's site for the Toronto show :

360 degree, West End Stage with General Admission Standing Room on the Floor

figure it out ....

Back
Top Bottom