Maybe...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertigoGal

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Okay, I have an idea. This leg has seen a lot of Boy "rarities" (plus Gloria), and it's rumored that the European leg will be getting more Pop & Zooropa songs. Perhaps when they get to the 3rd leg this fall, it will include a small set of more songs from maybe the Joshua Tree, songs like One Tree Hill, In God's Country, Exit, etc. And assuming there's a 4th leg, maybe they could play more War and Unforgettable Fire songs, like A Sort of Homecoming, Unforgettable Fire, Surrender, etc.

So, in a sense, rotate through their albums but still keep the 8-9 Bomb songs and the obligatory hits. I'm sure this idea's been discussed here before, but do you think the lads might *actually* be up to something similar to that? I hope so...:drool:

I don't think it has anything to do with rotating set's per leg... The European leg is different from the other leg's because of the stadium sized show... So with that comes a stadium size stage and (what seems to be) a stadium size setlist... Bigger songs from their biggest tours...

not sure how U2 will do it, but i definitely think the 3rd leg will be dramatically different than the 1st leg.

Well let's have some more tracks from the new album first....and then let's see please skip WOWY, Pride, SBS, Bullet.

U2Man said:
Well let's have some more tracks from the new album first....and then let's see please skip WOWY, Pride, SBS, Bullet.

with the exception of WOWY, those songs have sounded awesome this tour. and these songs are like a security blanket for the band. no matter what happens, they always have these songs. cutting them from the set would be the equivalent of a man chopping his balls off.

:tsk: Nope, it would be the equivalent of four men showing that they do HAVE balls and don't need this "security blanket" in order to deliver a great show. It's boring listening to these same tunes that the band have been playing for the last 20+ years. They need to be more brave.

Back
Top Bottom