Major mystery regarding Anaheim 2 U2 show on U2.com...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The supersleuth in me would point out that the alleged "victim" indicated the alleged "perpetrator" advised it was time for him to start his THREE day weekend, when in fact said perp (alleged) only has/had a TWO day weekend (sun and mon being dark nights on the Magical Mystery....errrrr.....Vertigo Tour this week).

4 pages and you Magnum PIs couldn't pick up on that?? :tongue:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
can we end this discussion? or at least change the title? it's not really a mystery..

It's especially not a "Major Mystery".

I propose someone print out the thread from u2.com and show it to Bono before today's or tomorrow's show, ask him for a comment.:huh:

The bottom line is that U2 DID NOT stop and sign after Anaheim 2. With my own eyes, I saw their caravan of SUVS leave the Arrowhead Pond no more than 4-5 minutes after Larry walked offstage after ending "40". That only allowed enough time for the guys walk off stage, grab towels, go down the elevator and get in their vehicles and drive off. Bottom line, this story is false.

This account is also strange in that the girl claims to have been a U2 fan for 12 years, yet this was her first time seeing them? While it's true that she may have previously lived elsewhere where it was not close to see U2, but if she has lived in the LA she has had several chances to see them before, such as in 1997 when it was real easy for anyone to get a ticket for Popmart at the LA Memorial Coliseum. A real fan of 12 years probably would have made some mention of why this was now her first chance to see them in person. I also have some doubts that a first time U2 concert goer would have the knowledge about the ways in which you can meet the band members. I've seen U2 since 1985, but it wasn't until 1992 that I learned that band members come out to meet fans and it wasn't until 2001 before I had success, despite attempts in 92 and 97.

Also, I did hear that Bono came out to meet fans after they did the soundcheck and was very nice to whoever was there and he signed.

Last edited:
Halup said:
The bottom line is that U2 DID NOT stop and sign after Anaheim 2. With my own eyes, I saw their caravan of SUVS leave the Arrowhead Pond no more than 4-5 minutes after Larry walked offstage after ending "40". That only allowed enough time for the guys walk off stage, grab towels, go down the elevator and get in their vehicles and drive off. Bottom line, this story is false.

Also, I did hear that Bono came out to meet fans after they did the soundcheck and was very nice to whoever was there and he signed.

Actually, they just rolled down Katella to Hooters and sigend some "racks" there.

This report is unconfirmed however. :lol:

Dammit! We only made it to the Jack In The Box drive thru. I can tell you - there was no U2 siting at midnight at Jack's...

8rattoon said:
Autographs are silly. They are a form of idolotry, and that is all. I would rather meet bono, shake his hand and say hi than have him sign his name on a cd, personally. He is a person just like anyone of us, and there is no reason to deify him.

I agree I would like a photo of me and the B-man or a nice kiss:drool:

BTW couldn't be true, my profanity spouting, insane taxi driver ran them all over on Katella.

Last edited:
Originally posted by 8rattoon
Autographs are silly. They are a form of idolotry, and that is all. I would rather meet bono, shake his hand and say hi than have him sign his name on a cd, personally. He is a person just like anyone of us, and there is no reason to deify him.

Actually, it could also be a source of income on ebay. :p

Alright...here is the thruth...
Girlie, in her post, says

"Instead, Bono says in a rude tone (not verbratum), "You know, why couldn't you have asked me earlier. I just finished with everyone and I've had a long night. My 3-day weekend starts now, and on MY weekends I don't wish to be bothered."

Okay..WOW. Maybe he didn't say it in SUCH a rude tone but just the way he said it"

Alright...so she admitted it's not verbratum...or verbatim even...and maybe he didn't say it in such a rude tone...maybe he didn't because HE WASN"T THERE!

I wouldn't put it past Bono to do something so mean. He's never signed ANYTHING for me. :(

But yeah, I've never met Bono.

This is the 1st thread in the history of zootopia that I have seen locked.

Although I feel better about it now. It turns out that Bono and the band went to hang out at a park in Anaheim after the show and that's where they hung out with about 20 or 30 fans. This person heard the rumor that they were at the park and grabbed a cab to meet up with them but when she got there the party was breaking up. Thus the moment when Bono refused to give her the autograph. I'm really glad she cleared up the details.:huh:

I don't like to be bothered on my weekends either. He doesn't have to sign at all if he chooses. Why does a person think that they have to have a 'piece' of an artist when they already have the best part....the music?!

ramblin rose said:
This is the 1st thread in the history of zootopia that I have seen locked.

Although I feel better about it now. It turns out that Bono and the band went to hang out at a park in Anaheim after the show and that's where they hung out with about 20 or 30 fans. This person heard the rumor that they were at the park and grabbed a cab to meet up with them but when she got there the party was breaking up. Thus the moment when Bono refused to give her the autograph. I'm really glad she cleared up the details.:huh:

I was born and raised in Anaheim and live 5 minutes away from the Pond...there is no Davies, Daveys, Davis or Davids Park anywhere near the arena, in the city of Anaheim or anywhere in Orange County as far as I can tell.

And what in God's name would U2 be doing at a park in Anaheim after a show in the first place?

really, the only people hanging out in parks at 11 pm in Anaheim are the same hobos that were in the ticket lines each day over and over. Maybe U2 went to tell them thanks for buying up all the tkts.

They certainly may have stopped somewhere, they often do after shows, but at an Anaheim Park? Is she referring to Disneyland?

An autograph is pointless, it's just writing of the name... doesn't mean anything in my opinion.

theu2fly said:
An autograph is pointless, it's just writing of the name... doesn't mean anything in my opinion.

Exactly..what's the point of someone's writing on a piece of paper.

I want a hug (kiss on the cheek would be nice) and a picture of us for my desk at school. And the fact that he takes time to talk to fans, that is what I would treasure more.

I hear he gives good hugs too...not just pats on the back...

Last edited:
:lol: A park? They are hanging out at a park at Midnight! I actually laughed out loud. Come on, at least she could have said she saw them coming out of a bar.... that would have made some sort of sense, but a park???:lol:

This reminds me of a story this lady told at Popmart about "Bob" the drummer picking up her and her friend on the side of the road after a show. Um, yeah...

Last edited:
its probably a true story but exaggerated. if bono did one more autograph, then he'd have to give everyone an autograph to be fair

bcrt2000 said:
its probably a true story but exaggerated. if bono did one more autograph, then he'd have to give everyone an autograph to be fair
Wasn't it the other way around? He already gave everyone autographs...

Neilz said:

Wasn't it the other way around? He already gave everyone autographs...

"I stood in the crowd and waited for it to deminish because I really wanted to meet them personally. Maybe this was my mistake..and then I guess this is my fault but as the crowd got smaller, Bono seemed to be giving up autographs and ready to leave."

there was still a crowd there, so EVERYONE was waiting, but when Bono was ready to leave this girl asked for one more autograph, and i'm pretty sure from her perspective its like ONE more autograph is nothing, but there were probably 10 people who asked Bono for one more autograph when he was leaving, but the girl was too obsessed with getting her own to notice (if you notice she does mention Bono was turning down autographs for a while before she addressed Bono, but she didn't emphasize that)

its also very possible this was a long period after Bono finished giving autographs that she asked... I *really* doubt Bono would act that way if there were like only 10-20 people still there waiting for autographs and Bono was aware they were waiting

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:

I was born and raised in Anaheim and live 5 minutes away from the Pond...there is no Davies, Daveys, Davis or Davids Park anywhere near the arena, in the city of Anaheim or anywhere in Orange County as far as I can tell.

And what in God's name would U2 be doing at a park in Anaheim after a show in the first place?

Midnight kickball game :D

bcrt2000 said:

"I stood in the crowd and waited for it to deminish because I really wanted to meet them personally. Maybe this was my mistake..and then I guess this is my fault but as the crowd got smaller, Bono seemed to be giving up autographs and ready to leave."

there was still a crowd there, so EVERYONE was waiting, but when Bono was ready to leave this girl asked for one more autograph, and i'm pretty sure from her perspective its like ONE more autograph is nothing, but there were probably 10 people who asked Bono for one more autograph when he was leaving, but the girl was too obsessed with getting her own to notice (if you notice she does mention Bono was turning down autographs for a while before she addressed Bono, but she didn't emphasize that)

its also very possible this was a long period after Bono finished giving autographs that she asked... I *really* doubt Bono would act that way if there were like only 10-20 people still there waiting for autographs and Bono was aware they were waiting
Bono said "You know, why couldn't you have asked me earlier. I just finished with everyone and I've had a long night."

Neilz said:

Bono said "You know, why couldn't you have asked me earlier. I just finished with everyone and I've had a long night."

i really doubt he said it that way, and she contradicts herself because earlier she says bono DOESN'T finish with everyone

bcrt2000 said:

i really doubt he said it that way, and she contradicts herself because earlier she says bono DOESN'T finish with everyone
I also doubt it... It is very un-Bono to act this way... Bono knows very well that he ows the fan's a lot! He also knows that these things ultimately álways end up on these boards... Even if Bono didn't want to sign that album cover indeed, he is still smart enough to react in a more friendly way...

ramblin rose said:

It's especially not a "Major Mystery".

I propose someone print out the thread from u2.com and show it to Bono before today's or tomorrow's show, ask him for a comment.:huh:

even better... print out the thread, have bono autograph it, and then post a picture of the autographed thread with the headline "neener neener neener"

even better... print out the thread, have bono autograph it, and then post a picture of the autographed thread with the headline "neener neener neener"

:lmao: :up:

I'll give it my best shot tonight in LA :wink:

Yeah, yeah, that would be really funny!!

Wow, that made me laugh. Bono will probably think U2 fans are more nuts than he probably already thinks they are.

I'm actually thinking more and more that this fan ran into Fake Bono.:|

Back
Top Bottom