Madrid SOLD OUT in 9hours!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vox02

War Child
My girlfriend has bought 4 tickets this noon after almost 10 hours queueing in the street.

According to press the concert has sold out in 9h with 54,000 tickets sold.

Vox

This is Spain :D

So, Internet KAOS, phone numbers KAOS and music stores full of crazy fans.

54,000 tickets sold in 9h is an historic number in Spain :)

Vox

Last edited:
I've been there (for 12 looong hours) and I got no tickets. It has been a #&%#@! disaster. Well I'll still try Barcelona, San Sebastian, or who knows, I might end up in Lisboa...
But if it had been well organized, I tell you it would've sold out in half the time.

I hope Jack In the Box got tickets... she's a hardcore fan... if she get tickets, she will fly from MEXICO (where she lives) to SPAIN :ohmy:

If I were there.. I'd go to Nou Camp... like 100.000 fans... HOLY SHIT!!!

My friend got us tickets after 12 hours! She got there at 0630h and got the tickets at 1830h. Not GA tix, but not complaining though. ;)

Good point :D

I read something about siesta in Peter Williams diary book when PopMart landed in Madrid in September 9, 1997 :D

" Madrid show – Siesta and fiesta. The Spanish have the key to fun and relaxation.

Tuesday September 9th

Madrid showday. And so on to Sangria country. The good people of Spain have really got a lot of things sussed. The whole concept of ‘siesta’ is highly commendable - this ‘sleep now, party later’ attitude."

We have about 170,000 tickets available in Spain (Barcelona, San Sebastian and Madrid) so, maybe 3 siestas by U2 members before the concerts :wink:

Vox

Vox02 said:
My girlfriend has bought 4 tickets this noon after almost 10 hours queueing in the street.

According to press the concert has sold out in 9h with 54,000 tickets sold.

Vox

LA/OC area sold out about 80,000 tickets in 10 minutes.

Re: Re: Madrid SOLD OUT in 9hours!!

cardosino said:

LA/OC area sold out about 80,000 tickets in 10 minutes.

I repeat..

This is Spain. We aren't a third world country but in terms of Internet sales (ie tickemaster system) and phone sales, this land was a CHAOS.

Back in 2001, U2 concert at Palau Sant Jordi sold out 18,000 tickets in 6 hours. This number was a record only surpassed by Bruce Springsteen when his Rising Tour show at Palau Sant Jordi sold out in 5h.

So, sold out an ENTIRE STADIUM (54,00 tickets) in 9 hours is an historic event for spanish standards.

Vox

I read some accounts of the events over at u2eastlink and it sounded wild.

Was it on the news today? I was hoping to get some tickets for Barcelona. I have a friend in Valencia who is going to try also, but I don't think he realizes how big these concerts are, so I'm hoping that by him seeing some news coverage he will know that I wasn't exagerating about the magnitude of U2 in Spain.

ramblin rose said:
I read some accounts of the events over at u2eastlink and it sounded wild.

Was it on the news today? I was hoping to get some tickets for Barcelona. I have a friend in Valencia who is going to try also, but I don't think he realizes how big these concerts are, so I'm hoping that by him seeing some news coverage he will know that I wasn't exagerating about the magnitude of U2 in Spain.

After glory days of both Joshua Tree and R&H albums (AB/Zooropa/Pop hasn't sold very well in Spain), Best Of 80's, ATYCLB and the bomb has a tremendous impact in my country.

In Madrid, people was queueing since 12 AM and by 10AM (when tickets go on sale) the queue turns the streets of Puerta del Sol/Callao (old centre town) in a chaos with thousands of people trying to buy their tickets and behaviour problems that even needs some help from Police.

Ticket sales make the news all day on TV, radio and Internet. I'm a bit surprise so I expect a fast sold out but without this level of problems.

Vox

Vox02 said:

After glory days of both Joshua Tree and R&H albums (AB/Zooropa/Pop hasn't sold very well in Spain), Best Of 80's, ATYCLB and the bomb has a tremendous impact in my country.

In Madrid, people was queueing since 12 AM and by 10AM (when tickets go on sale) the queue turns the streets of Puerta del Sol/Callao (old centre town) in a chaos with thousands of people trying to buy their tickets and behaviour problems that even needs some help from Police.

Ticket sales make the news all day on TV, radio and Internet. I'm a bit surprise so I expect a fast sold out but without this level of problems.

Vox

That's very cool, Vox02 -- I mean the fact that there was such a frenzy for tickets in Spain. It's unfortunate that some folks felt the need to post here to tell you how unimpressed they are with what happened in Spain, but never mind them -- they obviously didn't pay much attention to what you were saying. :)

Peace.

pub crawler said:

That's very cool, Vox02 -- I mean the fact that there was such a frenzy for tickets in Spain. It's unfortunate that some folks felt the need to post here to tell you how unimpressed they are with what happened in Spain, but never mind them -- they obviously didn't pay much attention to what you were saying. :)

Peace.

It's unfortunate that fans of a group known for being on the side of tolerance are so quick to judge with nary a fact to go on.

Have fun in Madrid,I'm sure the crowd will be a lot more lively than here in the LA area, one of the worst places imaginable to see a concert for crowd participation.

I hope they film the next DVD in Glasgow, the rocking-est crowd I've ever been part of for a U2 show.

Vox02, I assume you'll be trying to get tickets for Barcelona? Let us know how it goes. I hope to be there. It should be fantastic!!

ramblin rose said:
Vox02, I assume you'll be trying to get tickets for Barcelona? Let us know how it goes. I hope to be there. It should be fantastic!!

Yes!!!

I read some rumor that promoters will limit the original capacity of the stadium for a concerts (only few artist has played there... Lluis Llach '82 -catalonia singer-, Bruce Springsteen '88, Amnesty '88, Michael Jackson '88, Julio Iglesias '88 and The Three Tenors '97) from 75,000/80,000 (98,800 for football) to 65,000 :|

Barcelona have great conections with an enormous part of Europe (in part thanks to low-cost airlines) plus the usual attraction of the city during the summer holidays.. So, it will be an incredible show and maybe another fast sold out.

Some friends from East Link start a rumour about U2 choosing this venue to film their next DVD :drool: But, by now, it's only a dream :)

Online tickets:

http://www.ticktackticket.com

Vox

Last edited:
GA ticket (my tickets are seats :))

1107446738_extras_ladillos_1_0.jpg

Vox02 said:

Vox

SPAIN ROCKS!!!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Vox02 said:
This is Spain :D

So, Internet KAOS, phone numbers KAOS and music stores full of crazy fans.

54,000 tickets sold in 9h is an historic number in Spain :)

Vox

just came back from Barca last week was going to come over for the gig but not much chance of a ticket, what will it be like for buying from touts..........?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom