Loud..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTRevelator15

Babyface
I know this has been posted before somewhere on here, but I just have to post again.

First off, was at both Atl. shows, and was blown away, literally and figuratively. Is it just me, or is the volume on this tour absolutely maxed out? It seemed even louder on Saturday night than on Friday.

I'm no producer, but I know that a lot of times when a singer's voice is going late in a tour, they turn his mic way up. Could this have something to do with it? Or are they just trying to rock out as hard and as loud as they can?

JTRevelator15 said:
I know this has been posted before somewhere on here, but I just have to post again.

First off, was at both Atl. shows, and was blown away, literally and figuratively. Is it just me, or is the volume on this tour absolutely maxed out? It seemed even louder on Saturday night than on Friday.

I'm no producer, but I know that a lot of times when a singer's voice is going late in a tour, they turn his mic way up. Could this have something to do with it? Or are they just trying to rock out as hard and as loud as they can?
from what i gather its been VERY loud all tour, i know it was in manchester (from where i stood anyway), also many are saying bono sounds ALOT better this leg than both the 1st and 2nd legs,

these shows have been VERY loud especially from the floor.....i was outside the ellipse at msg on 10/11 and my ears were ringing until noon the next day.

Re: Re: Loud..?

KUEFC09U2 said:
from what i gather its been VERY loud all tour, i know it was in manchester (from where i stood anyway), also many are saying bono sounds ALOT better this leg than both the 1st and 2nd legs,

Bono was AMAZING during 2nd leg too... VERY MUCH better than the Chicago DVD... But we all know he had a frog in his throught that night....

i was at both atlanta shows, and i thought they were much louder than the two new jersey, and msg shows in may. maybe its were i was, but atlanta seemed very loud. after two nights in a row, my ears are still slightly ringing today.

Either I'm going deaf, or I didn't think the shows I saw were all that loud. The loudest one I experienced was Seattle 2, which was the only show I've seen from a reserved seat.

Being on the floor for the other shows, the volume didn't bother me at all. And honestly, I don't notice loss of hearing in other areas of my life, and my ears don't ring.

Guess I was just born with cotton in my ears ... or a big wad of stuffing between them. :wink:

Yikes! If I saw someone's ears bleeding after a concert, I'd be more inclined to think it was the Ebola virus, not high decibels.

Then I'd run away screaming.

The band is getting older so they have to crank it up to hear themselves and each other. :D

This summer I went to both NJ shows back to back and HAVE suffered permanent hearing damage!! I am having a hearing test next Monday. After never completely regaining my hearing I purchased some concert earplugs that drop the DB by about 20. They are somewhat adjustable by how far you shove them in your ear and they let the entire frequency range through so that it is not muffled sounding. I wore these at the first ATL show and one of the MSG shows and it was fantastic. I highly recommend everyone get some and try them out. Surely your hearing is worth a few dollars. I wish I didn't learn the hard way.

as the saying goes... if it's too loud, you're too old! :wink:

I think they're trying to keep up with the crowds... I swear at MSG 10/8 I couldn't even hear myself scream the crowd was so nuts.

Quote: This summer I went to both NJ shows back to back and HAVE suffered permanent hearing damage!! I am having a hearing test next Monday. After never completely regaining my hearing I purchased some concert earplugs that drop the DB by about 20. They are somewhat adjustable by how far you shove them in your ear and they let the entire frequency range through so that it is not muffled sounding. I wore these at the first ATL show and one of the MSG shows and it was fantastic. I highly recommend everyone get some and try them out. Surely your hearing is worth a few dollars. I wish I didn't learn the hard way.

Where can you get these kind of earplugs? At what type of store? After Las Vegas I still don't think I can hear properly.

I agree...I was in GA for the Friday show, and I would say the noise level was only at a comfortable loud for a couple songs, like Miss Sarajevo. I was behind the stage for Saturday, though, and it wasn't too loud back there.

I was in Chicago in May, about as far away from the stage as you can get, and my brother and I were still yelling "WHAT?" the next afternoon.
When I saw them in Boston earlier this month it was loud, but not like it was in Chicago... or maybe the damage from Chicago made me think so.
I have GAs for next month and I'm definately in the earplug market.

QUOTE: Where can you get these kind of earplugs? At what type of store? After Las Vegas I still don't think I can hear properly.

I got a three pack here:

store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/profmusearpl1.html

Back
Top Bottom