Lottery system for GA oval/pit/heart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Super_Fan said:
Like I said you put in your time to your spot in line to get in you deserve it. Just too many Lazy People that think the world is handed on a silver platter.

Would you please shut the fuck up about "lazy people"? Some of us have important jobs that we only can get time off from for important things. Maybe your job doesn't mean shit, but mine does.

Not everyone who can't or won't take time off is lazy. Jesus, you're annoying. :rolleyes:

martha said:

Would you please shut the fuck up about "lazy people"? Some of us have important jobs that we only can get time off from for important things. Maybe your job doesn't mean shit, but mine does.

Not everyone who can't or won't take time off is lazy. Jesus, you're annoying. :rolleyes:

Psssst, martha: chill out. :rant: will get you nowhere. Seriously. It's just a concert; it's not like anyone's life is at stake.

If there isn't a lottery system, which for all we officially know now there isn't, someone who can and does wait in the GA line for an entire day should be given the chance to get down front. If someone shows up ten minutes before the doors opens and cuts in line, that's not fair to everybody else. I think that's what Super meant.

If you're not able to wait in line all day because of work or other obligations, that's a disappointment, but at least you still get to go to the show. You're still going to get to hear how amazing the band is live. And who knows, you may still be able to get a great spot on the floor, especially if they do go with the long catwalk leading to the B stage.

And even if your spot is horrible, or if mine is, or if anybody else's is--we're not in Iraq getting blown up, we're not putting our lives back together after the tsunami. We're getting to go see U2--be happy about it!

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Psssst, martha: chill out. :rant: will get you nowhere. Seriously. It's just a concert; it's not like anyone's life is at stake.

Exactly, so why is Super Fan freaking out about it also! :lol: I agree that if someone camps out all day and there is no lottery system they deserve to go in the order they lined up. BUT, even though it was set up that way on Elevation, it didnt always work out that way. There are NO guarantees on this one even if there isnt a lottery. (which I dont think there will be unless a particular venue elects to do it that way)

I do agree with Martha, the "lazy" comments by Super Fan are getting a bit tired and I think they are misdirected. People that work hard for a living that cant afford or take the time off to camp out all day are anything but lazy. Now the casual fan that just goes because U2 are a big name, that is the fan I hope is being referred to. I think "Lazy" is a poor choice of words and since Super Fan said it more than once I think that is what they are implying about any U2 fans that cant camp out all day. So that IS ridiculous if its the case.

Last edited:
My God maybe U2 should retire I have never seen a more whiney bunch, that takes everything posted on a forum to be fact when of course 98 percent of it is not fact.

If you cant get time off work to go to the concert or get tickets for the concert thats too bad go to the next tour or go to another concert in your area. There are many people in this world that dont get to see U2 play at all because U2 never come around their area.

I think it is about time some people got an apple put in their mouth or their hands tied so they cant type up bs stories or spread bs rumours in the end the concert will go off and it will be a good night for all.

Think of it this way, if there IS a lottery, NO ONE will have to wait in line from 4am - 7pm. If that's how it's gonna be, I'll probably be disappointed for 30 seconds and then think of something fun to do in downtown Chicago.....

Back
Top Bottom