Lottery and U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tbird said:
Lottery seems like the most fair way...I work all day and can't wait in line -- spent too much work time on line getting tickets.

With that said, I'm curious how it works. I have GA tickets for an upcoming show. I purchased 2, but purchased them from a reputable broker. Is it possible that I could get into the ellipse and my friend attending with me could not?

everybody works, thats what vacation/sick days are for

if you win the lottery you can take a friend with you, so youll both be able to go in

cmb737 said:
Then you haven't experienced what is going on this tour. Many would argue it is bleeding the soul from a U2 show for those that purchased GA tickets without any information regarding a lottery until the day of the very first show.

CMB737 - I understand where you're coming from now. I feel for you and would be upset if they pulled that one on me.

Cath, elevashn_hj – Great posts, I'm with you 100% on your thoughts.

Chizip – You are steadfast in your convictions and beliefs on this and I respect you for it. I just don’t agree with it. We’ll leave it at that.

All others, good healthy debate and some very good points. The lottery is here for now and "it is what it is". And people have adapted to it. With any change there has been some pain involved for some, but in the long run, I don't think it has alienated and driven away U2 fans. Let's hope not anyways.

I just thought I'd make this clear. If I could choose between lottery and no lottery I'd pick no lottery, but I don't hate the lottery as it may appear in my posts.

Hell I don't even want to be inside the ellipse anyway, I'd rather be along the outside rail. And if it allows a fan like elevashn a chance to get inside, then that is a good thing.

I have a much bigger problem with the 2 lines. But I won't even go into that.

And if the lottery has driven away any U2 fans then U2 don't need those people as fans anyway.

Great point about how the "fans" that hijacked the last tour are still there. These fans will find a way to circumvent, deceive, take advantage of anything they can to get to their perceived birthright spot on the floor.

I am not so sure Bono feels that way about a lot of them. I personally know, and am friends with many people that count the alleged rail and heart crashers from last tour as friends (I don't..btw) and have personally seen them have great interaction with the band outside of the shows. I have seen video and pictures of more than I have personally witnessed. Many of these people count security and production crew as personal friends. The lottery, if designed to stop them, doesn't at all so I feel that that argument is not really all that valid.

They have and will get in the ellipse almost every night. Regardless of the policy.

U2FanPeter said:
Is it true that Edge privately bitched about seeing a fan inside the 2001 'heart' 17 times in a row?

U2FP

One would hope so. And certainly not blame him.

Hi there,
About the lottery, I did not really know about it (the lottery) call me stupid!@!, up until before the concert.. I was excited about the lottery until I found out you needed GA tickets to be included. When I bought my tickets, I had to take what I could get, because for all the attempts I made to purchase (for several concert locations) they were sold out. I ended up the furthest away from the stage during my philly 2 show, then ever before. I would of loved to qualify for the chance to be in the ellipse. For me it would of been a chance of a lifetime. I'm sure there were other fans who were in my same situation that would of loved to be in the ellipse. I belong to U2.com also and that did not help my ticket situation anyway. I think the lottery should have been for everyone, not just GA. That way the poor old soul in the nosebleed section, my section or even the floor would of had the same shot at a once in a life time experience. Anyway, enough crying, I'm glad I was there anyway, as always, they rock, and I love them.
Well enough of me!

Back
Top Bottom