Los Angeles Sports Arena - NOW WEDNESDAY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mthom

The Fly
I just left the LA Sports Arena and all the red trucks are there and the set-up for the rehearsal is in full swing. The band was not there but you could hear the LOVE AND PEACE being played over and over again.

I could not get anyone to give me a hint on the stage set up except they said it would "Blow us Away".

I wish I had more to report.

:hyper: I remember driving by the San Jose Arena the morning of the Elevation show...and seeing those red shiny trucks I squealed in excitement!!
:hyper: U2 are here in California!!! :dance:

anyone that goes to USC can just walk right over there for us and hopefully get inside. Someone please report tonight!

bonoed said:
anyone that goes to USC can just walk right over there for us and hopefully get inside. Someone please report tonight!

Go Trojans!! Get us the info. I was a student at USC when I saw my first U2 show in 1985...it truly is just a hop skip and a jump from the campus.

heard from a friend in LA that there are 13 red trucks carrying the stage/equipment...

anyone know if that's comparable to the # of trucks on the elevation tour?

My wife actually hitched a couple of rides with Upstaging...but as she remembers there were between 8-10 for Elevation, and 20 something for Popmart. Hard to really know, as you very rarely saw them all together.

Goodness, it's only like a 15 minute drive from me, the Sports Arena, well, I'm not a student as USC, but I am a student at another college...hmm, too bad my school doesn't compete with USC (my college's sports teams *except soccer* kinda suck)

I just don't want to ye know, bug them. Read an article and the Canadians generally left them alone,...decisions, decisions.

cmb737 said:
My wife actually hitched a couple of rides with Upstaging...but as she remembers there were between 8-10 for Elevation, and 20 something for Popmart. Hard to really know, as you very rarely saw them all together.

thanks for the info! so it seems this stage setup might be more elaborate than Elevation, at least judging by the # of trucks. will keep you posted if i hear anything else... :)

thrillme said:
Goodness, it's only like a 15 minute drive from me, the Sports Arena, well, I'm not a student as USC, but I am a student at another college...hmm, too bad my school doesn't compete with USC (my college's sports teams *except soccer* kinda suck)

I just don't want to ye know, bug them. Read an article and the Canadians generally left them alone,...decisions, decisions.

Well, fans hung out outside the venue in Canada and the band didn't have a problem with that and didn't seem to think that constituted bugging them. Head on down!

my roomie was down there for 6 hours today and there was no sign of the band. she didn't hear anything, but maybe the techs were playing love and peace?....she gave up this evening, as it looked hopeless...anyone get any info tonight?

the trucks got there monday afternoon btw....they been setting up for a while.

mel

Go Trojans!! Get us the info. I was a student at USC when I saw my first U2 show in 1985...it truly is just a hop skip and a jump from the campus. I was there at that concert. It was my first U2 show ever. They kicked ass and my brother went to USC in 83-87. When thye Joshua Tree tour was there, I got up and drove around the arena. I want to see if I can get an autograph or something like that. Is anyone going tomorrow?

mysticchild said:
Go Trojans!! Get us the info. I was a student at USC when I saw my first U2 show in 1985...it truly is just a hop skip and a jump from the campus. I was there at that concert. It was my first U2 show ever. They kicked ass and my brother went to USC in 83-87. When thye Joshua Tree tour was there, I got up and drove around the arena. I want to see if I can get an autograph or something like that. Is anyone going tomorrow?

email me at u2dancer@aol.com

lots of people hearing lots of songs - tell me...why arent they getting recordings via their phones, digi recorders??? come on fans!! do it for the team!

Fight on Reggie and Mystichild! Like both of you, I also was a USC student when I first saw U2 live at the Sports Arena on March 2, 1985. I loved it so much I went back for the second night when Surrender and Two Hearts Beat As One were added to the setlist, then went again for the third night, but being a poor student, this time I listened to the show outside and snuck in for the encores when people started leaving after the band left the stage. It was real easy to walk right in as those people left. I'll be heading down there the next 3 nights.

bazza said:
lots of people hearing lots of songs - tell me...why arent they getting recordings via their phones, digi recorders??? come on fans!! do it for the team!

No recordings because they are listeing from outside the arena...it would sound very muffled....you would barley be ablet o hear anything, but people talking.

we'll only see recordings if somone gets inside.

Back
Top Bottom