Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:
I don't have time to read the previews pages. Do we have a source for the setlist tonight?

Yes, I think RademR will be getting texts.

Queen Bee said:
I don't have time to read the previews pages. Do we have a source for the setlist tonight?

erichoulihan.
He said he would text me, I think he'll come through. :wink:
He sent me one already to test it out.

Axver said:

Honestly? I can't remember. I'd swear that they did that, though. I'm sure I've read it in a few places.

And, heh, jick has mentioned it when talking about how 'even the band think Pop is unfinished', but let's not go there ...

I think what we have here is another unsubstantiated myth.

And I don't hold you at fault for saying it, I'm just saying, if it's one of those things that keeps getting repeated it becomes mythical and true.

Where is this version when U2 shot their wad on that digital box set releasing an old Joshua Tree era song?

What is the purpose? There isn't one.

Why? It's a myth.

I could be wrong, but I also like whiskey so fuck it.

Does anyone else feel all cool and spy-like?

"Do we have the source?"

"How long before we locate the secret audio documents?"

"Early reports state that U2 is planning an attack...er...opening of Womanfish for this show!"

"Report in every 5 seconds!"

VintagePunk said:
I heard the audience response hasn't been good to An Cat Dubh...shame, cause that would be near the top of my ideal setlist.

i REALLY hope they don't drop 'an cat dubh', despite the lackluster audience response... they have numerous songs in their set for the 'casual' fan (NYD, Pride, SBS, etc)- not that these aren't great songs, but i think they should keep the obscure stuff for us U2 geeks. ;)

Axver, interesting theory re: the pre-War songs... i just assumed that the 'boy' set would be rotating, but perhaps they will keep 1 song in there. i'd sure prefer for them to!

erichoulihan text messaged me and told me Bono came on stage with Kings of Leon during their set and did a surprise version of "Billy Boola"....the crowd is going nuttsss!!!

{yes, its a joke}

Axver said:

Well, where are you? The show starts in a little over half an hour and the rest of us are waiting for you!

Sheesh, don't pull a 1993-11-26 on us and just not show ...

Stu stepped up to the PLATE that night!!!! :heart:

*Ally* said:

i REALLY hope they don't drop 'an cat dubh', despite the lackluster audience response... they have numerous songs in their set for the 'casual' fan (NYD, Pride, SBS, etc)- not that these aren't great songs, but i think they should keep the obscure stuff for us U2 geeks. ;)

Axver, interesting theory re: the pre-War songs... i just assumed that the 'boy' set would be rotating, but perhaps they will keep 1 song in there. i'd sure prefer for them to!

I don't see them till 3rd leg, so I'm not holding out much hope. We need to knock some sense into the casual fans. I'm imagining a westside-story kinda rumble. Us vs. them. LOL

hell I never liked Electric Co that much for years, but I have to say it sounds very cool on Vertigo.

I have always, however, liked An Cat Dubh.

Into the Heart, not so much.

U2DMfan said:

I think what we have here is another unsubstantiated myth.

And I don't hold you at fault for saying it, I'm just saying, if it's one of those things that keeps getting repeated it becomes mythical and true.

Where is this version when U2 shot their wad on that digital box set releasing an old Joshua Tree era song?

What is the purpose? There isn't one.

Why? It's a myth.

I could be wrong, but I also like whiskey so fuck it.

I think you may actually be right. I'd read this ages ago, back in 2003 or so and it lingered in my brain ... I just searched for it now, and I can't find ANYTHING, not even from a dodgy source.

I'd now love to know where I originally read it. I thought someone had leaked a single cover but apparently not ...

VintagePunk said:

I don't see them till 3rd leg, so I'm not holding out much hope. We need to knock some sense into the casual fans. I'm imagining a westside-story kinda rumble. Us vs. them. LOL

That'd be really cool! We come attacking with single CDs and sunglasses...and even maybe some iPods or something...while they wonder why we talk about the month October as something
more than a month!

VintagePunk said:

yeah, but 3rd leg you could get something even better... 'a celebration'!?! 'acrobat'?? don't give up hope!

23 mins to finish paper... i can DO it!!

Back
Top Bottom