Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Ally* said:
i think the set will be pretty similar to last night... there was an article in NME today, in which bono said that they're gonna mix things up a bit later on in the tour, once they figure out the current set.

here's the quote:
"U2's world tour hits the UK in June, and Bono promised a few surprises. He said: "We'll stick with it the way it is for the next few shows. We have other material to get working on. A few surprises to bring as the tour gets on. We tried a few things (on the first night) that didn't always work. ‘Elevation' went a bit south and we came off at the corners a few times with ‘The Fly'.""

http://www.nme.com/news/111947.htm

so there IS hope that we'll hear some new songs... just maybe not tonight.

There's the quote!

Looking forward to a surprise sooner or later!

anitram said:

Congrats!

I'm considering a change of career (currently working in cancer research) and contemplating I.P. Law. Took a look at NYU/Columbia/Fordham in NYC. Not sure I wanna go through the expense though - much cheaper in Canada.

anitram- please email me if you'd like to talk about this! i am at one of the schools you mentioned above, and i've studied copyright/trademark/arts/entertainment law. sadly, no patent experience- i am SO not a scientist! but i'd be more than happy to offer any advice or answer questions re: law school and NY, so just email me whenever you'd like!! u2fannyc@yahoo.com. :)

Anyone think Electrical Storm will get played? On the tour at some point, not tonight specifically...

bobbus32 said:
Anyone think Electrical Storm will get played? On the tour at some point, not tonight specifically...

Eventually...maybe in Europe.

I was thinking it could even snippet out of Bullet in some fashion.

If it didnt show up in any fashion I would be stunned.

bobbus32 said:

I don't think so. It might get snippeted like Hands did, but I doubt a full version of the song live will ever see the light of day.

Gloria will replace An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart

With or Without You will be played.

Stuck in a Moment will be played (not sure what will be dropped)

Electrical Storm will be played. Every U2 single has been played. I'm expecting it in Europe.

ayearwome said:
Gloria will replace An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart

With or Without You will be played.

Stuck in a Moment will be played (not sure what will be dropped)

Agreed about Gloria.

Hope no WOWY.

Agreed. They did Stuck at the LA rehearsal, and then they rehearsed it on 29 March too. I'm sure it will appear very soon, if not tonight.

Axver said:
Electrical Storm will be played. Every U2 single has been played. I'm expecting it in Europe.

I'll leave open the possibility of it being played in Europe, even though I doubt it. I'll bet you 200 interference tokens that it isn't played in the States though.

The Edge did say that U2 would play "Electrical Storm" this tour. or was that the fake Edge. i don't remember.......

timothius said:

I would say technically Hands hanst been played, but others may say technically it wasn't a single.

1. Hands was never a single, though it was going to be one.
2. It has been played in full a few times.

mikal said:
The Edge did say that U2 would play "Electrical Storm" this tour. or was that the fake Edge. i don't remember.......

this just in:

that ain't gonna happen.

FullonEdge2 said:

I'll leave open the possibility of it being played in Europe, even though I doubt it. I'll bet you 200 interference tokens that it isn't played in the States though.

Yeah, ES wasn't successful in the States was it? I think it did pretty well on some European charts, though, so I expect it'll get some concert time there.

If it is not played, it will be the first U2 single to have never been played live. And really, what's the point of releasing a single if you're not going to play it? Hence why Red Hill Mining Town wasn't released.

Then again, they put out Wild Horses and IGWSHA after they stopped playing them live, which was odd ...

I was going to ask if anyone knew the precedent on previous singles...thanks axver...I couldn't even think of one off hand except Hold me, thrill me, etc...my brain is getting a little mushy from all these late nights...central us time here...shows are from 11 to 1am...I am almost thankful for a couple more nights off...

Axver said:

Yeah, ES wasn't successful in the States was it? I think it did pretty well on some European charts, though, so I expect it'll get some concert time there.

If it is not played, it will be the first U2 single to have never been played live. And really, what's the point of releasing a single if you're not going to play it? Hence why Red Hill Mining Town wasn't released.

Then again, they put out Wild Horses and IGWSHA after they stopped playing them live, which was odd ...

Yeah, it would seem the only reason U2 released ES was to try to make Best of 1990-2000 more attractive. Needless to say, it kind of failed at that.

FullonEdge2 said:

Yeah, it would seem the only reason U2 released ES was to try to make Best of 1990-2000 more attractive. Needless to say, it kind of failed at that.

it's a good song.

Axver said:

ES was big here in Canada. No numbers offhand, but it received tons of radio airplay for months.

i wwould flip if they played Electrical Storm....but it has 2 dominant guitars throught the song so.....unless Bono wanted to play the rythm, it would be tough i think.

Axver said:

1. Hands was never a single, though it was going to be one.
2. It has been played in full a few times.

There is a Hands single that went out to Radio's never eventuate in the stores.

When did they perform Hands completely, as a full band?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom