Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
she said she would try-sort of hard as she is against the rail on the outside of the ellipse-she is going to send video though! no sound though-

Chizip said:
anybody else see the link for bono sunglasses at the top of interference?

man id love to get a pair but i dont know if i could justify spending that much money on sunglasses, plus i dont think i could pull off that look...

ok that was a bit off topic, sorry

My hair's getting to the right length, but I don't think that I'd look good in ladies sunglasses. I was thinking about buying some cheap knockoffs of the fly ones, though.

jenniferheger said:
she said she would try-sort of hard as she is against the rail on the outside of the ellipse-she is going to send video though! no sound though-

Video, but no sound? :eyebrow:

Look forward to seeing the setlist, though. :up:

celticbhoy said:

Yeah travelled from glasgow for the show i got right in front of bono about 2 back from the barrier , and had the time of my life !! After pride i was pulled over the barrier and watched the encore from side of the stage , standing right next to paul mcg , i heard a slight 'rift' of 11 oclock before they started the song and started jumping like mad cause i knew they were about to play tick tock.....
it was also the famous show where bono said 'we're gonna go away and dream it all up again'......

a lot of people think it was the new years eve show , but it wasn't .....

That truly is such an awesome story! I am envious indeed!

just curious, anybody have any extra tix to san jose this weekend? i would be willing to trade my november tix at staples-section 111-two seats-i just know san jose is going to rock-

Chizip said:
anybody else see the link for bono sunglasses at the top of interference?

man id love to get a pair but i dont know if i could justify spending that much money on sunglasses, plus i dont think i could pull off that look...

ok that was a bit off topic, sorry

i can pull off a Popmart Bono with my shaved head.

*spends $200

*pukes

popmart bono :drool:

maybe i should shave my head and buy some popmart glasses

would be better than growing a mullet

you know what song would rule soooo much???? i know they will never play it but hey surprises do happen! well are you ready???
Zooropa! yes thats right Zooropa would be an amazing song so instrumental... imagine if they did a version that is a mix b/w rock and in an instrumental way. Waw wouldnt that be nice????

zooropa all the way!

RademR said:
erichoulihan text messaged me, i texted him back.

Looks like we're good for tonight :wink:

Awesome! :up:

By the way ... I'm predicting LAPOE to open. It's worked really well for the last three shows, I think the band like the intro. I personally prefer COBL but I'm expecting LAPOE.

My boyfriend emailed me this just before he left for Staples Center... could it be that the one show I don't go to will be the one where they do Bad? No!

"Las Predictiones:

The only switch up will be after LAPOE/VERTIGO/ELEVATION.

After Elevation....I'm thinking this: Gloria, WOWY. Then the rest the same.

What they SHOULD do (apart from that) is this: play Bad. Anywhere in the set. I don't see it, but I'll be screaming for it.

EL-A-VA-TION!!!!!"

Axver said:

1. I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub) - Bono imitates a seagull
2. Red Light
3. The Refugee
4. Rejoice
5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Edge solo)
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Acrobat
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Vertibanjo
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. KLM
14. Zooropa
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. Grace/Scarlet/4th Of July/The Playboy Mansion/Pop Muzik/Love Rescue Me medley

wow!!! imagine they really did play the refugee!! that would be awesome! and i never undertood why they never played grace live.

blah

I hope they switch up the set like they did on back-to-back nights during elevation. I looked at most of the back to back dates and esp in chicago it featured some rarities like ground beneath her feat, 11 o clock tick tock (axver cough cough), discotheque/starin at the sun and I hope we see some new songs here for LA 2

Hey all...I think we are in for a pretty similar set to last night, which I don't think is a bad thing...after all they are designed for the normal fan, not us geeks, and taking that into consideration I think the band has done pretty well at pleasing us both...anyway, I think thats a good call on the Gloria, WoWy swtichup..other than that...I can only wish...still holding out for In God's Country here

Gus

timothius said:
Late again...

Odds on a new song tonight: 4-1?!?!

I think the odds of one new song are really good.

C'mon, we all know they could pull out Desire and I Will Follow without ANY rehearsals.

Axver said:

I think the odds of one new song are really good.

C'mon, we all know they could pull out Desire and I Will Follow without ANY rehearsals.

They could... I had the odds at 3-1 last night...but they stuck to the steady stuff.

I really think theyre happy with this set, and it puzzles me.

*Ally* said:

i'm at law school in NYC- about to graduate in may!!!! can't wait... :wink:

Congrats!

I'm considering a change of career (currently working in cancer research) and contemplating I.P. Law. Took a look at NYU/Columbia/Fordham in NYC. Not sure I wanna go through the expense though - much cheaper in Canada.

timothius said:

They could... I had the odds at 3-1 last night...but they stuck to the steady stuff.

I really think theyre happy with this set, and it puzzles me.

There was a quote - I read it today, but for the life of me I can't remember where - where they talk about wanting to get used to a set before doing dramatic changes.

I think tonight's won't be the same as last night's and that Gloria will be back, but otherwise, I think it will be pretty similar. Hopefully one new tune.

I wish Kings of Leon would take time off when they come to Canada so Arcade Fire can open for the Vancouver shows.

I can dream can't I?

i think the set will be pretty similar to last night... there was an article in NME today, in which bono said that they're gonna mix things up a bit later on in the tour, once they figure out the current set.

here's the quote:
"U2's world tour hits the UK in June, and Bono promised a few surprises. He said: "We'll stick with it the way it is for the next few shows. We have other material to get working on. A few surprises to bring as the tour gets on. We tried a few things (on the first night) that didn't always work. ‘Elevation' went a bit south and we came off at the corners a few times with ‘The Fly'.""

http://www.nme.com/news/111947.htm

so there IS hope that we'll hear some new songs... just maybe not tonight.

Yeah, I read that this morning. I'm disappointed that when Elevation went south, they didn't let it keep going.

Gloria is cool, I think it works well, so does Electric Co. But throwing in I Will Follow or OOC would really make that little portion of the show so much more complete.

With Or Without You might be in tonite as well.

Back
Top Bottom