Los Angeles I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harbinger said:
As for rarely-played songs, I've been listening to One Tree Hill a lot lately, so here's hoping... :)

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I would die of joy if I witness that live. Heck, I'd rather that than Acrobat.

Axver said:

I would die of joy if I witness that live. Heck, I'd rather that than Acrobat.

Ditto. "One Tree Hill" is fab.........a complete playing of the JT album would be the ultimate U2 concert experience.......:drool:

BigMacPhisto said:

Ditto. "One Tree Hill" is fab.........a complete playing of the JT album would be the ultimate U2 concert experience.......:drool:

Axver's ultimate concert:

Main set #1
- The Joshua Tree album

Main set #2
- The Unforgettable Fire album

Encore
- Heartland
- City Of Blinding Lights
- 11 O'clock Tick Tock

Speaking of ultimate concerts, Axver, I read somewhere you metnioning an ultimate setlist you did that had something about A Sort of Homecoming and Bass Trap in it... Would you mind posting that (I know it's a bit off-topic, but...)

Axver said:

Axver's ultimate concert:

Main set #1
- The Joshua Tree album

Main set #2
- The Unforgettable Fire album

Encore
- Heartland
- City Of Blinding Lights
- 11 O'clock Tick Tock

11 O'Clock Tick Tock...Oh god

In God's Country into Exit.....:combust:

well I just "discovered" him a couple months ago...and he's fucking brilliant!! "Lua" may be one of the best written lyrics of all time. I dont know, I just didnt know how many people were into him. Caught him on Late Show a month or so ago, he was alright. Different from what I expected by listening to the album(s), but I definitely want to catch him live when he comes back to the States.

just got back from work, can't wait for the wait they got in store for us for the first night in the City of Angels.

Hopefully some new tunes, I think the structure will be the same as Anaheim II, it worked well.

Harbinger said:
Speaking of ultimate concerts, Axver, I read somewhere you metnioning an ultimate setlist you did that had something about A Sort of Homecoming and Bass Trap in it... Would you mind posting that (I know it's a bit off-topic, but...)

Yeah, I've been working on a setlist for a while, trying to create what would be, for me, the ultimate setlist. It's not complete (I'm letting it come naturally as I think of good combinations rather than forcing it), but here's the part in question:

4. One Tree Hill --> Yahweh (snippet) --> Heartland --> Bass Trap --> A Sort Of Homecoming --> Resolution And Independence* (snippet) --> Where The Streets Have No Name
*poem by William Wordsworth

I can post the explanation of the transitions if you want to read it.

MikeSt said:
well I just "discovered" him a couple months ago...and he's fucking brilliant!! "Lua" may be one of the best written lyrics of all time. I dont know, I just didnt know how many people were into him. Caught him on Late Show a month or so ago, he was alright. Different from what I expected by listening to the album(s), but I definitely want to catch him live when he comes back to the States.

ah yes, "lua".... so sadly beautiful. i adore the entire album ("i'm wide awake, it's morning"). never seen him perform live, though.

ok, back to U2! ;)

sortofhomecoming said:
Hello All!!

I would love to hear In God's Country Live!!!:drool:

I would simply cry.

I would love my concert to be all JT and all AB and some other bits....like Xanax and Wine (that would be awesome live) and New York

Harbinger said:
Sure, I'd be very interested to read the explanations.

Transitions:

One Tree Hill through modified Yahweh to Heartland:
“Oh great ocean, oh great sea
Run to the ocean, run to the sea …
… the sun is coming up over the ocean …
… the sun is coming up over the sea …
… see the sun rise over the ocean …
… see the sun rise over her skin
Don’t change it
See the sun rise over her skin
Dawn changes everything”

Heartland’s instrumental outro blends into Bass Trap, which then builds into A Sort Of Homecoming. A Sort Of Homecoming resembles the Unforgettable Fire Tour performances rather than the studio version at the beginning to aid the transition.

A Sort Of Homecoming through a snippet of William Wordsworth’s Resolution And Independence plus an alteration of an impromptu Samuel Beckett tribute from 26 December 1989 into Where The Streets Have No Name:
“Oh don’t sorrow, no don’t weep
For tonight, with you, I am coming home
I’m already home …
(Where The Streets Have No Name organ begins)
I’m already home
… (vocal pause as organ builds up) …
… His voice to me was like a stream
Scarce heard; nor word from word could I divide;
And the whole body of the man did seem
Like one whom I had met in a dream
Some men dream of other roads
Some men dream of other lands
Of another home, of another home
Where the streets have no name!
Take me, TAKE ME!”

Last edited:
I'm leaving for Calif on thursday (with the 2 toddlers!!) to see the show on Sat nite in San Jose!

BethM said:
what time are they normally going on? --- 9 in LA?

Yeah, that's when they usually take the stage, or a few minutes earlier.

I'm counting 40 as this day being over and not the day of the show...I'm seeing them in NJ on the 17th...then in Philly on the 22nd.

then I am seeing them five times in the fall....4 in NYC and one in Boston

Back
Top Bottom