Looking good for euro elipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the edges plec

Acrobat
:hmm: It's looking good for first come first served for the elipse when the tour hits Europe ,U2 have posted the rules and regulations for the North American leg,there was no mention of Europe so fingers crossed and i'll see anybody who's going to Manchester on the 14th June at about 10 a.m. :dancing:

I was thinking exactly the same thing, should you also arrive at 10am, I should be right next to you in the queue :eyebrow:

However, I believe there are 2 possibilities from here on in, a first-come-first-serve ellipse or no ellipse whatsoever. Of course, heres hoping for the former.:huh:

paul mcguinness has stated that leg 2 will be a different production because of the stadiums

there will be!
on elevation only three european shows were outdoor and they still sorted it out.
this time all euro shows are out so it will be an integral part of the set up. i would be extremely surprised otherwise.
btw if there is it will hold 3 or 4 thousand. there's not gonna be that many at 10am!

I really need to get into the elipse if there is one so if it means hanging around for a few extra hours it'll be worth it.........i hope

two shots said:
Do we have any new information about the stage layout for the Stadium leg??
I would imagine they will use video screens rather than the curtains,it could be a bit dangerous with them blowing round in the wind.

Well, yes, and I do think that seats behind the stage have not been sold.

Couple of things though. We have all seen the Munich diagram. And we guess that the Bomb shelter will be there, but it will be bigger. Anything else rumred? B-stage in stadiums??

Just trying to start spinning my head a little.

Let's just hope the bomb shelter/elipse is bigger so we have a better chance of getting in it,I can also see a much changed set list from the arena leg of the tour.

i think the setlist will be fairly similar maybe 4 5 changes. Aithough they could do more songs and a slightly longer set ,with the gigs being larger.:hmm:

u2_munich.jpg

no ellipse... breakers seperating the GA...

1,700 in the outer breaker, 1,400 in the inner breaker

i think that this is just a generic diagram for selling arrangements.
there will be two breakers as is standard these days, but the first will also act as a catwalk. like in slane.
i can't possibly see u2 not doing this.
btw, does anyone remember thedays in europe when there were no breakers? and about fifty ambulances parked and ready outside!

What if those breakers are both part of the Ellipse. In other words two catwalks. I could honestly see that being a possibility, but maybe I'm way off, just a thought.

OffAxis said:
What if those breakers are both part of the Ellipse. In other words two catwalks. I could honestly see that being a possibility, but maybe I'm way off, just a thought.

Check out Willie's Diary today... you may not be far from the truth... 2 walkways out to the floor - but not ellipse shaped.

Jim said:

Check out Willie's Diary today... you may not be far from the truth... 2 walkways out to the floor - but not ellipse shaped.

Any chance you could to a Ctrl-C then a Ctrl-V into an email and send it to axisrage2000 at yahoo dot com? Not a u2.com member.

That sounds interesting. Do we know how far the 2 walkways extend into the audience? Are they connected? Thats really interesting.

Also - the mentioned diagram has much more to do with the evacuation procedure and ticketing information. I don't think that the actual stage diagram represent the stage. We had a thread about that recently - and I do think that by now we really might get more info from somewhere??

Hello....

Being a little thick here but have been on U2.com (signed in and went on the tour bit) I can't see the post about the Europe Stage.

As I am going to Manchester and Twickenham I am soo interested to find out about the stage design - I must say I am quite excited about the sound of this:yes: :applaud:

Can someone maybe post a link or what does it say :)

Thanks

Lisa

brwh1 said:
i think that this is just a generic diagram for selling arrangements.
there will be two breakers as is standard these days, but the first will also act as a catwalk. like in slane.
i can't possibly see u2 not doing this.
btw, does anyone remember thedays in europe when there were no breakers? and about fifty ambulances parked and ready outside!

[sarcasm]ummm... don't you think, you know, just maybe... that they used, oh i dunno, the stage set up in order to decide the sightlines for the selling arrangements? or are you going to go on the oh so believable assumption that they just took a wild guess.[/sarcasm]

Back
Top Bottom