Looking for some advice!!! Please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannonkv

War Child
I've been reading up on all the info. about the GA line ups, etc. and I have a question (from a GA newbie).

I have GA tickets for Saturday nights show and I want to get the best possible spot on the floor (whether I'm lucky enough to get in the ellipse or outside...either or). What time do you recommend that I line up? I should also mention that I am not a U2 club member, but non-the-less NEED to get a prime spot!!!!

Thanks for the help!:wink:

Here is my advice:

Spending the night in the GA line is not worth it. The amount of discomfort you'll get from the lack of sleep and all will only get you maybe one more 'row' than if you show up earl morning. If you are willing to wait in line all day however, showing up really early can make a difference, because there is usually a lot of people who will show up between 6am and 9am, and then it will slow down during the rest of the day until about 4-5pm. So I would say between 6am and 7am should get you a good spot, but there is never any garantees. The amount of people lining up from show to show varies greatly, and keep in mind your show is a Saturday, so probably more people will have the day off, etc.

we arrived around 5:30 (a.m.) and there were a few people already there...

In my experience, if you avoid the 6 AM hour and arrive 15 minutes earlier, you can be as many as 20 people ahead. I know it sounds weird, but it seems like a lot of people were aiming at that time this past week.

Don't sleep outside, it's absolutely not worth it at all.

Hope you had fun--it was my first GA experience, as well! So much waiting! You get inside and wait again! I hope you had a good spot too--and no one trampled you :) GA is NOT for the faint of heart.

My hubby and I lined up at 4am for the saturday show and were 50 & 51 in line. We didn't get much sleep but once we got inside we got one of the few rail spots left on "The Edge's" side. That made everything worth it considering that we came form Alberta. And the show totally kicked but!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom