LOL someone over on U2tours has claimed Lila's daughter was staged....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
"The little girl that Bono plucked from the front pit during Sunday Bloody Sunday was staged as anyone down in front would have noticed that a security guard was carrying her down the security aisle during Love & Peace & placed her in the spot where Bono pulled her up from the audience."

actually the whole review was pretty damn negative

From what I heard it kind of was staged, if that's what you want to call it. But that doesn't mean she wasn't chosen by the U2 team to go up or that Bono didn't let John know that's who he wanted to go up. :shrug:

ye of course the routine is/was staged, but in the review he is pretty much suggesting that lila's daughter was a plant.

thats how i am reading it anyway

KUEFC09U2 said:
"The little girl that Bono plucked from the front pit during Sunday Bloody Sunday was staged as anyone down in front would have noticed that a security guard was carrying her down the security aisle during Love & Peace & placed her in the spot where Bono pulled her up from the audience."

That's pretty damned ridiculous.

Gosh, how could Bono ever find anyone willing to come onstage if he didn't have the people pre-arranged????

Staged? :angry:

She didn't know she was going to be on stage until John came and asked her if she wanted to right after Love & Peace Or Else. And then he pulled her over the rail, walked her to the stage, gave her instructions (like what would happen once she was pulled up) and waited til Bono came to her.

And just like Rosa said, either Bono chose her or his people did. But Bono did point to Maddy during Angel of Harlem on the b-stage. That's what I think might have been the indication that she might be the lucky girl that night.

:crack:

Where did you see that anyway? Was that in someone's comments? (nevermind, found him/her)

Last edited:
WHY is it so hard for some people to just let others enjoy their moments??? Why do they always gotta bring a sista down??

Instead of whining about it, they should just start pumping out the kids now, and maybe they'll be the lucky ones next tour.

:angry:

I have read and heard many many times that Bono will see someone in the audience and motion to security to bring them up. It could be in the beginning of the song or many songs before. But, I have heard as soon as he makes a decision he lets security know.

He also trusts Big Johns judgement on who to bring on stage.

Leave it alone peoples.

I'm upset that I have no chance of ever being brought up on stage for the following reasons:

1. I'm older than 13
2. I have a penis
3. I have no musical talent whatsoever
4. I'm just bitter because I've been studying biochemistry for the past 11 hours.

redhotswami said:

Instead of whining about it, they should just start pumping out the kids now, and maybe they'll be the lucky ones next tour.

:angry:

:notetoself: start pumping out kids

Some people have nothing better to do than crap on other people's good times. Pfft. :madspit:

Goooooo Maddy! Good for her.

Oh and Patti, I got your pics. SO COOL! Your positioning was fantastic! I am envious. :drool:

randhail said:
I'm upset that I have no chance of ever being brought up on stage for the following reasons:

1. I'm older than 13
2. I have a penis
4. I'm just bitter because I've been studying biochemistry for the past 11 hours.

Not necessarily, you can...

1) Dress like Elvis
2) Dress like Santa
3) Get many U2-related tattoos on your body

See, not impossible. :wink:

randhail said:

1. I'm older than 13
2. I have a penis

I think that dude who played piano onstage in Honolulu had a penis, too.

Stop studying biochem and start learning how to play Dylan and Marley songs on the guitar.

Then dress like Elvis, have a clever sign and hang your boobs over the rail, then maybe Bono will choose you next time, penis or not.

KUEFC09U2 said:

uh....yeah that's correct...sooooo?

What's your/their definition of "staged"? It's not like they planned it out before the show. Bono noticed her during an earlier song, and instead of him coming out to the B-stage and causing a mad push as usual, John came back and got her ahead of time. She was not a "plant", at least not by Bono or any of U2. She was planted in her spot by her mother, myself, and a nice guy named Daryl who offered a spot with his family on the rail. Yeah she was wearing a Santa hat, just like my husband and several thousand other fans.

4U2Play said:

Then dress like Elvis, have a clever sign and hang your boobs over the rail, then maybe Bono will choose you next time, penis or not.

I would personally like to see all three of those attributes all in one next tour. I should add that you should stand more to Adam's side of the stage. The penis would just be an extra plus.

As to the whole staged/not staged deal.....WHO CARES? Maddy handled herself beautifully, it was a sweet moment - end of subject.

nurse chrissi said:

As to the whole staged/not staged deal.....WHO CARES? Maddy handled herself beautifully, it was a sweet moment - end of subject.

Well said :yes:

Maddy had her moment and it was well deserved and she should still be able to enjoy it now without receiving negativity or speculation on how she got up there.

nurse chrissi said:

I would personally like to see all three of those attributes all in one next tour. I should add that you should stand more to Adam's side of the stage. The penis would just be an extra plus.

I'm having visions of a transgendered person in an Elvis suit :yikes:

Maddy did a great job. The fact that not even KIDS who get on stage are immune from criticism around these parts--sheesh!

of course it was staged
everything is staged in u2 concerts, especially pulling people, from 100 pulling, bono pointed once. all other were pulled not depending on bono's pointing,or maybe i'm blind

I think this is the most negative thread ever...instead of being happy for the young lady the ugly head of jealousy comes forth!
God forbid someone should have a happy moment without being chastized for it.

:lock:

Lila - One option would be to have Maddy post her story there just like Mike Mitchell did - looks like he just cut and pasted what he wrote here. That way, the truth is out there! [yes, loved X Files]

FYI - The reviewer Jen near the bottom has 2 pics of Maddy in her 2nd post and the reviewer "Potter - for girl on stage" has 2 as well.

Last edited:
if you arent on a first name basis with u2's bodyguards you arent a real fan :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom