Live8 Setlist Party Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trevster2k said:
I agree the crowd does seem flat especially considering what they are watching, 2 of the top bands in the world for FREE! Maybe it's the venue too, Wembley Stadium, was nuts back in '85 or maybe no one is drunk yet.:wink:

I just think Coldplay's song selection sucked. If they wanted to take a leaf out of U2's 1985 play book (a foreign concept to them I'm sure)... you didn't see them playing MLK or The Unforgettable Fire. They planned on using... Pride SBS & Bad... Coldplay should've ran with IMP, Yellow & BSS.

As good as Fix You's ending is... the start is tooooo long.

"thanks for giving us this great job"

you're welcome bono

Well, Coldplay had a chance to prove that they can outdo U2...but they failed to meet the challenge.

I DO like Coldplay very very much but this talk about them surpassing U2 annoys me.

So, I'm happy that based on what I've heard so far, U2 is STILL the best!!!!

TheBrazilianFly said:
Has anyone recorded U2's show. I can't wait to listen to Vertigo again! That was an amazing performance!! :rockon:

I agree, U2 is amazing (not just Vertigo :wink: )

TheBrazilianFly said:
Has anyone recorded U2's show. I can't wait to listen to Vertigo again! That was an amazing performance!! :rockon:
it really was, and hearind the crowd singing along to one with bono :)

then unchained melody

amazing

p.s. that new start to one :drool:

Is it just me, or does Fix You sound as much like Amsterdam as Speed of Sound sounds like Clocks? :eyebrow:

Live8 BBC2 1-4PM 02-07-2005 DVD355.jpg

I am recording but I won't be able to do anything until the 4.00 news break and even then it's a big file already so probably no.

Definitely tomorrow though, with the interview you've not seen :wink:

Last edited:
Chizip said:
"thanks for giving us this great job"

you're welcome bono

Oh great it's gonna be one of those days is it...?

u2 better than coldplay
the who better than floyd
joss stone sucks...(oops wrong choice of words I'm sure)

<preach mode>
come on guys let's just enjoy the show - everyone has thier own tastes and you can enjoy the day/event without slaggin people off.
</preachmode>

yeah, stop bashing the artists. This isn't a competition. except for country music, go ahead and bash country, blech!:wink:

IrishDawg said:
Is it just me, or does Fix You sound as much like Amsterdam as Speed of Sound sounds like Clocks? :eyebrow:

I don't think so...but yeah there is a slight slight similarity.

I'm just rewatching Sgt Peppers again, 2 random observations...

I haven't seen Bono so happy as when he was singing that second verse.

Edge has the best voice out of the 3 of them hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom