Live8 Setlist Party Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im watching the london show on the screens in the berlin feed, now thats technology :wink:

Stereophonics in London now. Their lead singer looks like he might be really tiny. His guitar looks so big on him.

discothequeLP said:
couldn't Berlin have gotten a better venue than that narrow strip of land thats like a mile long?

This is the map of where they are

geotraqV2.gif

timothius said:

:up:

Thanks for sharing! :bow:

Respect. I think what's sad how poorly records of that era of music are kept. Seriously even up to early 90's Aria Award records I cannot find anywhere - let alone tapes of them. I'm dissapointed I never got to live through the era where most of my favourite bands were coming through (Enz/House, Oils, U2, Hunnas, INXS to a point etc etc) - and theres really piss poor footage of it. Where the Countdown Awards respected at all? Meldrum was involved so my hopes arent high. :wink:

The funny thing is, how I found you're post was I said somthing like... "I'm probably bitter at INXS because of how little credit Enz/House get in Australia compared to INXS - hype and historically wise - when tangibly they are probably more popular" which was exactly the opposite of what you said in a completely different thread. Bizzare posts on bizzare topics but anyways. Thanks so much for sharing. That era rules my world :rockon:.

Split Enz were huge in Australia. Much bigger than INXS.

The Countdown Awards were respected. Molly was mocked a bit, not nearly as much as now though. Molly had a monopoly and because he was never bitchy, always positive, he scored many big interviews, not just for Oz but internationally. When people like Prince and Madonna were going through wobbly periods of no interviews - Molly would still get one, a world exclusive. He might not be the most elequent person in the world but he found his way into the affections of many rockstar (and me. I was a huge fan)

I'd been a fan of INXS since their first album. I really thought they scored with their third, but alas, no. Split Enz were still bigger. It wasnt really until their fifth album, Listen Like Thieves, that INXS were mega huge. Then when Kick was released the hype was intense. Nile Rogers, who producer Kick, was the flavour of the year. He was also producing for David Bowie and was white hot.

umm, I probably have a point but I have forgotten :lol:

i love this song by stereophonics

and the lead singer is a hottie

Eliv8 said:
Is it just me or does the feed look more like a slideshow than a stream?

I was having this problem at home so I switched to a lower quality and it fixed it. I'm now watching on the super fast connection at work and it's working flawlessly... for now.

Chizip said:
stereophonics is awesome

Hey Chizip, I think me and you would get along great, it seems we have similar tastes in music.:wink:

timothius said:

:yes:

Australia's broadcaster was showing us Duran Duran while Audioslave was playing. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mind you... Wild Boys :rockon:

This is Digital...we should be able to choose which place we wanna watch from.
That would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom