Live8 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Alright well I thought it would be a good idea to keep all the Live8 discussion in one thread as the show goes on. So we can use this thread as a setlist party for U2 and for the rest of the day.

BTW, since we are all in the petition signing mood, be sure to sign my Dirty Day petition if you haven't yet (and sign again if you already have :wink: )

:hyper:

so do you think there is any truth to that list The Mirror published? I don't...

no, I think that was just a guess, I think we will see 3 songs

Just turned on the TV, the Today Show is going to do a little piece shortly live from London, supposedly an interview with Bob Geldof...

so you guys are up as well - way too early for a day off :yawn:
BBC on right now - have thought about going for a free trial of XM for the weekend
still looking forward to this:D

i have xm in my car :drool:

maybe i should go out there to listen

I'm watching an artist named Lindewe from Johannesberg right now. I have now idea what she is singing but it sounds beautiful.

my husband's car has XM...maybe I will do that too, if I can figure out how to work it, he's still sleepin'.

are we going to be able to watch it live on the internet or not?

This is going to be a long long day. I watched every second of Live Aid in '85 and I plan on watching every second of Live 8. Lindiwe singing a second song right now in English this time.

I'm up waaaayyy to early on a Saturday. That AOL thing had better work without a glitch and it had better be worth it is all I'm sayin'...
I need coffee...

since live8 has already started shouldnt there be a link to watch it online by now?

CTV in Canada is live on the air right now with coverage from Johannesberg, South Africa.

There are not too many people in Johannesberg, not like there will be in the London or Philly. I read Japan has only about 10000 people in attendance.

They just showed a shot of Berlin, it looks packed. I think they are starting next.

*k_i_t_e_86* said:
Aol says that the live coverage begins at 8 am ET.
Can somebody translate it, lol. I hate time zones :reject:

ah ok, thats in about 40 minutes from now

I read over at Reuters that the promoters of the South African shows did very little to promote the show. Way to go guys...

GET THIS! the only people who get a live broadcast here in australia are fucking pay tv customers, the rest of us have to watch what ive been referring to as "pre-recorded8" tomorow night at 8:30

the fucking rotters! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

can somebody post when the link on aol is posted to watch the show (and also how to see it lol)

Loudspeakers in my computer are broken anyway :mad:
And Polish tv starts broadcast in about 1,5 hour, which is a bit too late...for U2 of course :sad:

U2dork said:
I'm up waaaayyy to early on a Saturday. That AOL thing had better work without a glitch and it had better be worth it is all I'm sayin'...
I need coffee...

where to do you go for the AOL thing? That would be very cool

Listening to Radio two right now - Love Jonathan Ross

First commercial, but Bjork is up next from Japan from CTV.:applaud: I love Bjork.

quadcaster said:
GET THIS! the only people who get a live broadcast here in australia are fucking pay tv customers, the rest of us have to watch what ive been referring to as "pre-recorded8" tomorow night at 8:30

the fucking rotters! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:reject:

I have foxtel

U2dork said:
I read over at Reuters that the promoters of the South African shows did very little to promote the show. Way to go guys...

That show was announced very late in the piece... and really doesn't have much draw power. If they had've had any sort of famous international acts you would see a turn out similar to 4664, I would think.

timothius said:

:reject:

I have foxtel

no not you, im talking about channel 9 for being rotters and not putting it on live

its fucking slack and a fucking joke :sad:

im so upset :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom