Live 8 Setlist Party 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does anyone have a complete list of the set list from philly & london? (and maybe the other concerts as well)

Is anyone watching the ABC coverage this evening? They keep playing a Nokia commercial that has a song that sounds like Moby ... can anyone tell me what song that is?

Yeah, I've heard that song, but that wasn't the one. This one was ... well, if it's Moby, it sounds just like you'd think a Moby song should sound like. :wink:

Oh well. Guess it'll be a mystery.

whoooa 7 set list party threads :laugh:

Their Live 8 performance was amazing so pleased they played those 3 songs! Brilliant! :applaud:

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck!!!!! Channel 9 has delayed the "live" broadcast of Live 8 in Perth until Monday night :scream:

Channel 9 obviously feels people in Perth need to see fucking Wimbledon instead :scream:

Live 8 Philly

It seemed again another U2 scenario. I arrived late at 8 a.m. at the Art Museum in Philly. I showed up and I saw a seated section with a GA Pit in front of the stage. I thought it was first come first serve. They blocked the front area. Speaking with the Ask Me people (who I might add, they were not helpfully,) and people with a color wristband, I interpreted that the GA Pit was for only people that knew Electric Factory/Clear Channel people and people that work for the City of Philadlephia, and one.org. I was upset that its a free show and they have to separate the general public. It was helpfully in a way since there was no pushing or mosh pit type scenarios at this show. The front GA Pit at Live 8 was behaved as well as the rest of the crowd. I think that separating the crowd was uncalled for especially for Live 8 and the promoter for the show. I think that everyone should be treated equal. Thats my point I am trying to get across and not allow corporate companies or friends of the promoter to take up the front area. People camp out overnight at the barricade line, at the statue. I had a great time, at the show.

i think this complaint calls for a further separation of the crowd come "Live Hate" in 2025. Friends of the organizers in the front, general public down the parkway, and the general ungrateful public behind the art museum.

My favorite performances yesterday were #1 Pink Floyd and .... #2 Madonna and #3 Green Day. I thought U2's performance was actually kind of bland in comparison though I was happy with the setlist.

Was reading back in thread 4 when everyone seemed 'so shocked' about how good Madonna's performance was...

That is how her entire concert was last year - it was amazing! Lots of (especially Americans) have written her off in the last few years but her performing (other things like movies and children's books aside) are really at their best now. Hopefully she proved it to the masses yesterday.

Last edited:
matt_tx00 said:

Was reading back in thread 4 when everyone seemed 'so shocked' about how good Madonna's performance was...

That is how her entire concert was last year - it was amazing! Lots of (especially Americans) have written her off in the last few years but her performing (other things like movies and children's books aside) are really at their best now. Hopefully she proved it to the masses yesterday.

Yeah I have to admit I was pretty shocked by how good her performance was too, really wasn't expecting it I guess. :reject: Listened to mp3s several times today.

I recorded the full Philadelphia show, shown in full here on BBC3 last night, and I have to agree that the majority of it was pretty naff! :lol:

Can't knock Stevie Wonder though :)

I wasn't surprised per se by Madonna. Just happy that she showed up and gave a great performance. She has the ability. Just never let her cover 'Imagine' ever again :no: Neil Young is one of the few allowed, but not Mrs. Ritchie.

By the way... why did Sir Paul have to end with "Hey Jude". Why not 'All You Need Is Love'? Just thought I'd throw that out there. Discuss amongst yourselves :wink:

Back
Top Bottom