Live 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks man!

If my ever increasing circle of long lost friends disappears I would genuinely take you! Who knew how many people were lurking in the woodwork come such an event!!!

I shall at the very least take the spirit of the aardvark

:dancing:

i am going too! and have heard u2 and mccartney will walk on stage to kick it off in the sgt peppers outfits! can't wait!

I heard that - and then U2 do there own 15 minute set. Everyone gets 15 minutes, some will do duets etc, the Pink Floyd on at the end then Paul Mc back on again for Long & Winding Road - then the Do they know it's christmas singalong.

They've got the revolving stage again which should keep it running along smoothly.

Can't wait.

Re: Re: Live 8

Aardvark747 said:

Hey Aardvark...d'ya fancy taking ANOTHER Aardvark along with ya to the gig....?:sexywink:

:wink:

Congrats buddy...:up:

ill also be willing to be called aardvark for a month or 2 if ya fly me over there and get another ticket so i can go 2 :wink:

i dont like this U2-mcartney team up. why are U2 dressing as the beatles? U2 have their own style dont need to copy the beatles. and surely they are going to get more than a 15 minute set, they had 15 mins 20 years ago. i'd expect U2 to get 45 min - hour set this time. the small bands are getting 15 mins, it wouldnt be right for U2 to get the same amount of time as bands with only a few hits to play.

anyway, Cardiff 2morrow!!
come on! :wink:

i hear ya about giving them more time ... but i feel teaming up with Paul will be incredible and give them a huge amount of exposure to music fans alike. Plus, it will be a change from their standard touring stuff. Morever, what a way this will be to start the concert and set the mood that Live 8 will be the biggest thing ever.

but paul mcartney is a nobody, who wants to see him perform? also i think U2 should be themselves and not try to be the beatles. theyre better than the beatles ever were.

ybird3k said:
but paul mcartney is a nobody, who wants to see him perform? also i think U2 should be themselves and not try to be the beatles. theyre better than the beatles ever were.

Yeah right, a nobody who happens to have written some of the greatest songs ever. Relax, it's not a U2 gig, they're just playing there. If they want to play with Macca then good on them. If they want to dress up in Sgt Pepper outfits then good on them for that too! (Can't see it somehow though!) U2 can't play a 45 minute set as there are nearly 30 acts to be squeezed into under 8 hours. Each act has around 15 minutes. What a week, U2 in Cardiff then 3 days later Live8.:drool:

Couldn't agree more!

It'll be a once in a lifetime experience - for the bands as well as for the crowd - oh and the 5 billion people watching it on telly!!!

Whoever gives up their time to perform at it can sing what they want and wear a furry banana suit for all I care - it's to raise political awareness not to promote bands and please fans!

Support Live 8 - see the bigger picture.

:bono:

ybird3k said:

:lmao:
Oh boy, something failed in your upbringing.

ybird3k said:

oh my...just.............oh my.

nobody reads this

ybird3k said:

Post of the day

That doesn't mean it's a good post :|

ybird3k said:

I dont know if your joking but this is retarded. Mcartney is amazing.

I still think that it would be stupid to dress up in those outfits. But I guess if they want to do it. Good for them but they will look like idiots.

:mad: U2 in Sgt Pepper Gear! Nice of them to go with the spirit of the event, Lucky for PM that U2 will boost some of his record sales and attention, just dont like the way he treated ringo, george, john and yoko who he also agreed to allow to further his selfishness by agreeing to record with her after all the shit he said / did to her!

Paul McCartney is a very talented musician. He can play most any instrument, and has had more influence on music than any living arist of his generation. He can still move people when he performs, and I think we should be glad to see him this time around.
U2 in Sgt. Peppers outfits...I don't think so.

mccartney is talented, but his music is hit or miss. when it's on it's fantastic, when it's off it's way off.

mccartney is a has been, i dont want U2 to perform with him incase they are seen as being the same.
maybe in the US mccartney is popular, but he sure as hell aint in the UK / Europe.

ybird3k said:
mccartney is a has been, i dont want U2 to perform with him incase they are seen as being the same.
maybe in the US mccartney is popular, but he sure as hell aint in the UK / Europe.

What? I saw Mc Cartney a couple years ago on his last European tour and he was Phenomenal. Sure his latest albums aren't that good, but live he's still amazing..
BTW .. Does anybody know when Live 8 starts? and maybe the running order of the bands?

Re: nobody reads this

pepokiss said:

Post of the day

That doesn't mean it's a good post :|

:wink: :rockon:

SO LET ME INTRODUCE TO YOU...then let Edge in his pop outfit come out...the one and only mr Edge....ans os on so...
So let me introduce to you the one and only Larry Mullen!

Man CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:drool:

Re: Re: nobody reads this

zwervers2 said:

:wink: :rockon:

SO LET ME INTRODUCE TO YOU...then let Edge in his pop outfit come out...the one and only mr Edge....ans os on so...
So let me introduce to you the one and only Larry Mullen!

Man CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:drool:

Larry dressed up in Ringo gear? I'm pretty sure the girls in PLEBA are gonna explode :lmao:

am i only person that thinks U2 in SGT Pepper gear would be coolest and funniest thing to see all year?!

digsy said:
am i only person that thinks U2 in SGT Pepper gear would be coolest and funniest thing to see all year?!

Count me in....!!!!!

I will freak out if that happens!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom