lisbon setlist here:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IrishDawg said:

Yeah and why the hell do they never come to my home town of Lake Mary? I mean we have almost 100 people living here!

By the tone of the people on this board, U2 should make everyone happy and do everything they want, am I right?

Belfast has 250,000 people and is the second biggest city in Ireland....we need at least one show:wink:

And mate i was only joking....

U2Man you know how much i respect you, but everything i see you say is in a negative thread about U2 or in just a normal thread with something negative to say? whats the deal mate?

Axver said:

The last decent tour was Popmart - both of us got shows then!

yeh but you also got ZooTV shows, Lovetown shows:madspit:...the last time they did Belfast before Popmart was the Joshua Tree tour i think....

KUEFC09U2 said:
U2Man you know how much i respect you, but everything i see you say is in a negative thread about U2 or in just a normal thread with something negative to say? whats the deal mate?

I explained that to you the other day.

...and btw. the place I post the most is actually at the setlist parties...that's not a negative thread...and I don't have anything negative to say there!

And pleeeaaaseee KUEF, let's not turn this into an argument about who's being negative about U2 or how we behave in here. I am afraid none of us will get away with it.

You know what? I really don't appreciate people telling me how to think/feel about this tour. :| Don't tell me I should be greatful, don't tell me to quit bitching, don't tell me to smile and pretend that I like it. I'm sorry, that's crap. :|

@WildhoneyAlways

I agree with everything you say :up:, but who are you addressing?

Last edited:
WildHoneyAlways said:
You know what? I really don't appreciate people telling me how to think/feel about this tour. :| Don't tell me I should be greatful, don't tell me to quit bitching, don't tell me to smile and pretend that I like it. I'm sorry, that's crap. :|
who is saying them things? all we (the defenders of the tour aka the sheep) are saying is, if you dont like it why bother going?

I'm addressing all those who are saying/have said the things that I've mentioned. I am sick to death of people trying to discount/dismiss/change my, and others that feel as I do, opinions.

WildHoneyAlways said:
I'm addressing all those who are saying/have said the things that I've mentioned. I am sick to death of people trying to discount/dismiss/change my, and others that feel as I do, opinions.

OK, I think I have an idea about who it could be then :wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:
who is saying them things? all we (the defenders of the tour aka the sheep) are saying is, if you dont like it why bother going?

Why does it matter to you so much? I'm not trying to pick a fight here but, why do you think you have the right to tell me, or suggest to me, how to think or do? We have just as much right to criticize as you do to applaud.

WildHoneyAlways said:
and your not doing the same by the constant bitching and moaning?

one word=rubbish were not trying to change your mind all we are doing is defending the tour because we actually like it, so whose right here?are you trying to change our mind against the tour? no? well why are we trying to change your mind for the tour?

WildHoneyAlways said:

Why does it matter to you so much? I'm not trying to pick a fight here but, why do you think you have the right to tell me, or suggest to me, how to think or do? We have just as much right to criticize as you do to applaud.
am not telling you what to do... but personally i think these posts are aimed to try and get everyone AGAINST the tour and what the band are doing at the moment so who gives your the right to try and turn me against it?

KUEFC09U2 said:
and your not doing the same by the constant bitching and moaning?

one word=rubbish were not trying to change your mind all we are doing is defending the tour because we actually like it, so whose right here?are you trying to change our mind against the tour? no? well why are we trying to change your mind for the tour?

Accusing WildHoneyAlways of constant bitching and moaning is unfair and bogus.:|

xaviMF22 said:
so KUEFC09U2 if I can understand you, you just don't want people complaining?
i dont mind people having complaints, honestly i dont, but i notice the same people ALL the time making the same threads about how they wish such and such was diffrent

and sorry U2Man but he accused me of "trying to change his mind" i think what i said was completly fair

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Yes, I read the thread and thank you for asking. My reponse is some what directed to what you said. Ya got something in your hair? :wink:

No, but if you read my other responses after that what you said doesnt really fit what my point was. Thats why I had something in my hair! :laugh:

this thread is almost as predictable as the setlists themselves

and almost as predictable as my reply for that matter. so i won't even bother.

Zoomerang96 said:
alright, here's the deal.

it's because if i'm at a show, and i can predict exactly what song they'll play next throughout the entire evening, i feel as though they don't give a fuck about the people they're playing for.

alright, here's the deal.

U2 aren't putting on the show so that you can have a good time reading it on your computer screen later that night. They are putting on a show for the people in the venue at the time. I do agree that the setlists have been reptitive lately, but that doesn't mean that it's not a good concert, and that the people there didn't have a good time. I'm sure they had a blast.

KUEFC09U2 said:
i dont mind people having complaints, honestly i dont, but i notice the same people ALL the time making the same threads about how they wish such and such was diffrent

and sorry U2Man but he accused me of "trying to change his mind" i think what i said was completly fair

1) First of all, she's a she. 2) Secondly, she very rarely posts in any thread that you would call a bitching thread. 3) She didn't address her post to anyone, you chose to think it was directed to you. :|

So no, accusing her of constant bitching and moaning wasn't fair.

Last edited:
I must find something better to do with my Friday nights.

Blue Room said:

No, but if you read my other responses after that what you said doesnt really fit what my point was. Thats why I had something in my hair! :laugh:

I must admit, for various reasons I chose not to read your responses. :wink: And let me pop your ego, my post was not directed to you, only responded to a few points that you made and just wanted to make a general point that had nothing to do with you.

Last edited:
U2Man said:

1) First of all, she's a she. 2) Secondly, she very rarely posts in any thread that you would call a bitching thread. 3) She didn't address her post to anyone, you chose to think it was directed to you. :|

So no, accusing her of constant bitching and moaning wasn't fair.
so KUEFC09U2 if I can understand you, you just don't want people complaining? so that was not directed at me no?

and if it is unfair can you please direct me to a post that states otherwise?

KUEFC09U2 said:
so KUEFC09U2 if I can understand you, you just don't want people complaining? so that was not directed at me no?

That was xaviMF22 who made that comment. Not WildHoneyAlways, who you attacked.

even MORE predictable than these threads are the 'debates' between the same few people. it's great. :up:

Zoomerang96 said:
but there's a few of us who think it's a farce and an embarassment that a band that boasts two decades of brilliant music can't come forward with something at least SOMEWHAT different from show to show.

While farce is probably a shade too strong a word, I do like this point. It is nearly unheard of that a band/performer of their catalogue, experienced and musical integrity (both self-proclaimed and critically acclaimed) to have such stagnant setlists. I will use a few examples.

Midnight Oil, probably Australia's greatest band, in 1997 (21 years after formation) toured with a wheel. The were 64 songs on this wheel, it would be spun many times during the show to give them the next song they would play - while including a handful of hits (which would rotate) and tracks of their new album Redneck Wonderland. They did this night, after night. Even when their drummer couldn't play a gig and they flew in a replacement 4 hours before a gig, they still spun the wheel - such was their dedication to acknowledging their complete catalogue and providing a unique show each night.

Secondly, last month I saw a Friday-Saturday-Sunday run of the Finn Brothers in Sydney. They began collaborations in 1977 roughly when U2 did. Playing 19 song setlists each night I was able to see a total of 39 seperate songs over the three nights - covering every single album they have both appeared on. Furthermore I had read every setlist of the entire tour up until that point, yet each night I could only predict 1 song within the entire setlist and the order in which it was played. Thats all. Songs that were played multiple nights were often played with different arrangements as well. They played 1 song as a yelled out request each night as well, ad hoc.

That being said, while I get that not everyone can do it like either of those, I do think U2 need to look at acknowledging their entire catalogue a bit more closely. Surely Pop deserves more than a brief snippet amongst the 5th song off JT. Surely it wouldn't hurt them to play a song or three of Zooropa, songs which they openly love - yet played a handful of times on the Zooropa tour.

There is somthing I heard Bono say in an interview about a year ago, it bugged me then and it bugs me now... it was along the lines of... in the past I used to wake up and think about music, how to make it better etc, but now I wake up and I think about other things, I very rarely wake up thinking about the music or the band. I think that may play a lot into it... :shrug:

Re: I must find something better to do with my Friday nights.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

I must admit, for various reasons I chose not to read your responses. :wink: And let me pop your ego, my post was not directed to you, only responded to a few points that you made and just wanted to make a general point that had nothing to do with you.

pop my ego? :scratch: Now I do have something in my hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom