Letting people in the TO GA line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silver girl

The Fly
If you were waiting in the GA line yesterday, what did people think about letting others in the line?

I'm going to the Wednesday show with 3 friends of mine. They're going to get a spot in line in the morning, and I'm going to join them when I'm done class (The latest I'd get to the ACC is at 1, but I'd probably be there before). Did fans or security have a problem with that yesterday?

Last edited:
Well, people aren't going to be welcoming you, even if you are "joining" three other friends due to other obligations. I would recommend just skipping the class. If your friends get the ACC around noon, then showing up at 1 isn't a big deal. But if your friends are there by 7 am, and you try to show up at 1:00, I think people might be irritated.

If you don't have a number, I think it's a bit like, too bad.

People will have a problem with it, I can nearly guarantee that.

YOU GUYS ARE HARSH!!!

As long as whoever is holding your spot makes friends with the people around them and be straight up with everyone from the get-go, there will be no rock-throwing, lol.

I got in line for last night's show (sept 12) at 1 pm, and I introduced myself to dozen ppl around me right away and told them that my boyfriend was meeting me at 4 and if no one minded that he comes to join the line (especially ask the ppl behind you). Most U2 fans are surprisingly understanding if you're just honest with them.

Now, if no one says a thing and you show up out of thin air, that a nasty little surprise.

Have fun!

Yes, but you were well in the hundreds at 1 PM.

If you were up front, say around 30, I guarantee you that you would have had an issue. Nobody cares if they're 232 or 233. But they do care if they're 20 or 25, that's for sure.

I don't like it when people do this. I took yesterday off work to line up and it doesn't seem fair to me that other people in front of me didn't have to rearrange their life to get the same spot. I don't think that people should get into line until they are willing to be in line.

Of course, I really don't care if people leave for food, bathroom or even a shower.

However, people were pretty cool in Toronto yesterday. If you wanted to leave for class I would show up about 4 hours BEFORE you have to leave for school and get a number/added to list, etc. Then put in four hours. Then if you leave for a few hours and come back people around you won't care as much. Your presence will be known already... and you will have a number if one is needed.

spinninghead77 said:
Of course, I really don't care if people leave for food, bathroom or even a shower.

Speaking of which... how easy is it to get the bathrooms through out the day? Is the ACC open for bathrooms or do you have to go elsewhere?

Again, at the Hamilton Elevation show in '01, I was 10th in line and the guys in front of me asked everyone if everyone was OK with his girlfriend coming in the early afternoon and everyone was cool. Live and let live, I guess.

The way I see it, people can be cool with it.

But if even one person is against it, they have the right to say, go behind me.

If I were you, I'd show up in the morning, get a number, sit there until my class, then go to class, and come back after it. I mean, if I'm expected to take three full days off work this week to line up, I don't think it's too much to expect others to line up as well.

anitram said:
The way I see it, people can be cool with it.

But if even one person is against it, they have the right to say, go behind me.

If I were you, I'd show up in the morning, get a number, sit there until my class, then go to class, and come back after it. I mean, if I'm expected to take three full days off work this week to line up, I don't think it's too much to expect others to line up as well.

I completely agree. Personally, yeah, I'd a problem with it (unless your friends are already up in the hundreds where it wouldn't matter) b/c I DID skip school and work and other obligations to be there. Just go and get your number, tell people you have class, and come back later. You'll save yourself a lot of grief.

Just make a deal with them that if their ticket is scanned for the ellipse they have swap it with yours. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom