Let's take a second to give Edge all the credit he deserves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Wow, what we heard pre-tour about the band using less backing tracks sure turned out to be true, so far anyway.

Let's take a moment between comparing Elevation and Vertigo tours, and the whole rest of the debates, to remember how damn cool the Edge is and how he is really, really stepping it up this tour (in my opinion anyway).

Revamped Fly, especialy the solo with some new bends and such, the COBL intro, no-backing-guitar All Because Of You, good lord his voice is better than ever as well.

Thanks Edge :drool: :drool: :drool:

I read somewhere that during one song on Zoo TV (not New Year's Day) Edge was playing lead guitar, singing backing vox, and playing keyboard...WITH HIS FEET (due to patches).

Gives clarity to why Bill Flanagan said that the band was fighting in the rehearsals up to Zoo TV b/c the only way they could reproduce the album was if Edge played a different instrument with each of his appendages.

I guess he figured out how...

no one on earth is like The Edge, a gift from God. Thanks Edge for all you give us!

I think Edge has always been given the credit he deserves, but it is never too much. :bow:
Bono often says "without Edge we'd be in trouble" and he knows what he says. :up:

Bono's description of The Edge ...
THE EDGE ...... "guitar genius" and "zen-like master" !! :applaud:

My description of The Edge ...
THE EDGE ........ "AWESOME ... TOTALLY AWESOME" !! :bow:

Edge is not only a guitar-playing genius, with a sound and style all his own, but he also seems to be a good man.

In his Rock & Roll Hall of Fame speech, he alluded to waiting for the "magic" to happen. The magic is wherever he is, wherever he goes, because he and his band mates are the ones who make it happen, always...

Yes! a guitar and musical genius. A song like Electrical Storm and Mysterious Ways (or insert any song you like) says it all!:drool:

No doubt. I was knocked out by Edge on the three shows I was lucky enough to see on the tour so far. Being a fan of virtuosos like Brian Setzer, I knew Edge was a good guitarist but never thought he was a get-down-on-your-knees-in-praise guitar god until these shows. I feel like for the first time in U2's career, Edge has gotten really comfortable with being a rock star and is just letting loose. He really is incredible and all of you who haven't seen Edge (and the band) yet are in for the time of your life.

As I screamed at Staples Center, "Go Edge!!!"

Edge's guitar work in the 2 Staples' shows were so incredible, I really can't do any justice to them. These were not the best U2 shows I have seen, but I was amazed at the guitar work from Edge-maybe the best I have ever heard. Genius is an understatement.

There's no questioning Edge's skills on guitar. It was kind of funny to see him standing completely motionless to play bass on 40 - as if he isn't comfortable. Or maybe it's just too heavy...

Also, did anyone get a good look at the guitar he now uses during The Fly? Black with red circles I think. Another LP? I wasn't close enough to tell.

typhoon said:

Edge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Me>>You:wink:

Canadiens1160 said:
Wow, what we heard pre-tour about the band using less backing tracks sure turned out to be true, so far anyway.

Let's take a moment between comparing Elevation and Vertigo tours, and the whole rest of the debates, to remember how damn cool the Edge is and how he is really, really stepping it up this tour (in my opinion anyway).

Revamped Fly, especialy the solo with some new bends and such, the COBL intro, no-backing-guitar All Because Of You, good lord his voice is better than ever as well.

Thanks Edge :drool: :drool: :drool:

I completely agree and as written on my U2 review of opening night, he really took on more of the vocal load. As for the backing tracks. At first it bothered me but I went to the show knowing 100% Bono's capability lately with vocals therefor it didn't suprise me. It was the energy of everyone around me that really made the show.

dsmith2904 said:
No doubt. I was knocked out by Edge on the three shows I was lucky enough to see on the tour so far. Being a fan of virtuosos like Brian Setzer, I knew Edge was a good guitarist but never thought he was a get-down-on-your-knees-in-praise guitar god until these shows. I feel like for the first time in U2's career, Edge has gotten really comfortable with being a rock star and is just letting loose. He really is incredible and all of you who haven't seen Edge (and the band) yet are in for the time of your life.

As I screamed at Staples Center, "Go Edge!!!"

Word

Back
Top Bottom