Lets do a "Fake" listening party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thelaj said:
I hard the post 9/11 ones were better. I have only heard 3 elevation era shows.

Speaking just from the NYC shows perspective, 6/17/01 was way better (I might even rank it at #1 of the 15 Elevations I saw) than the post-9/11 shows - except for the firefighters and rescue workers at the end of the third show, the post 9/11 shows were very lackluster performance-wise, the band was very tired. All of the June NYC/NJ shows were fabulous.

I'd come if it were a better show from a better tour. I don't like the Elevation Tour and this show's setlist is junk except for Gone.

Axver said:
I'd come if it were a better show from a better tour. I don't like the Elevation Tour and this show's setlist is junk except for Gone.

Care to elaborate on not liking the Elevation tour? I think the first two legs were brilliant. Don't know what they were thinking with the third leg though.

tommycharles said:

Care to elaborate on not liking the Elevation tour? I think the first two legs were brilliant. Don't know what they were thinking with the third leg though.

Well, quite simply, I don't think U2 themselves sounded very good and I hate the song selection for the most part. Stuck In A Moment? In A Little While? Pride? Acoustic songs? What were they thinking?

I liked it i thought they sounded good ... and the song selections were heaps good ... stay, gone, bad into streets :drool:, the fly (vertigo tour fly is better though), walk on :drool:, wake up dead man they had some pretty good songs on that tour if you ask me i haven't heard this show though or seen at set for it so i'm not really commenting on it but from the 2 dvds the songs were pretty good

Last edited:
DignityPassesBy said:
I liked it i thought they sounded good ... and the song selections were heaps good ... stay, gone, bad into streets :drool:, the fly (vertigo tour fly is better though), walk on :drool:, wake up dead man they had some pretty good songs on that tour if you ask me i haven't heard this show though or seen at set for it so i'm not really commenting on it but from the 2 dvds the songs were pretty good

Gone, I agree. Awesome song selection there. The re-invention of The Fly rocked too, though I too prefer this tour's version. Walk On was nice.

Bad was alright, though Bono's singing wasn't that great, and I don't really like post-ZooTV Streets. Sometimes, I even skip ZooTV Streets. It doesn't have the power and depth of Lovetown Streets any more.

Stay, though? I HATE acoustic Stay. And Staring At The Sun. Those two songs, in their watered down acoustic form, are almost indistinguishable to me and I always forget which was played when. They put me to sleep.

Yeah, Elevation had its moments but was pretty weaksauce overall. I can't listen to my Elevation boots anymore because I end up skipping half the songs; the oldies never sounded so tired as on this tour.

Back
Top Bottom