Let's Be Cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desert Dog

War Child
Just something left over from the Elevation Tour

If you go to a show and someone is smoking a cigarette or even some weed near you and it bothers you, ask them politely to move or put it out if they can.

Do not start screaming wildly for security to come kick them out (this happened to me on the last tour though I didnt get kicked out). I was not acting stupid or threatining, I just lit up a smoke and some wanker started to hassle me and cried like a little girl for security to come over. But security didnt care and some chick was even smoking right in front of them. As you can tell, the experience still pisses me off.

So be cool please it is a rock concert after all.

and yes I know it is a nasty habit and hopefully I will have quit by the time the tour rolls around.

Headache,
Weed and other things are illegal and there's always people spilling beer but you wont see me hassling anybody.
Tell Adam Clayton smoking is prohibited.

It annoys me if im next to sum1 right in the middle of a pit at a Metal gig, and they light up - but i've got my seats for the U2 one booked - so smoke away everyone down in the pit!:wink:

Roland of Gilead said:
"nasty" habit? more like a deadly habit. but hey, its your life. just don't cry at 50 when something develops.

Be happy you dont smoke, dont chastise other people for their decisions in life.

That said, I dont smoke the tobacky, just the wacky! :wink:

That's the only part of the show I'm not looking forward to. Hopefully I'll be around people with enough intelligence not to light up.

the last u2 show i went to, the group in front of me were smoking weed all night. They were kind enough to offer it to us as well, which was cool of them. I could care less if people light up around me, weed or cigarettes, I'm a bar person and it's not like it can get worse than that environment. Plus I use to bartend so if anyone is used to that smoke, I am :wink:

Sorry to set some of you off - I'm very respectful when it comes to non-smokers . I havent touched alcohol or other things in nearly 15 years, havent been under the influence at a U2 show since 1987. But I am very tolerant of other peoples right to party with what ever they choose. Hopefully I wont be around any sloppy drunk, coked out morons.

The thought of something shrieking for security as soon as someone lights seems bizarre, but absolutely hilarious at the same time :shrug:

Last edited:
One of the Elevation shows I went to a guy ask me if I mind if he smokes (weed). I told him yeah because I just want to enjoy the show (drove from San Antonio to Houston) and don't want security interupting or making a scene. He said I completly understand and went to go smoke in the bathroom. Very cool of the guy and I encourage smokers just to ask or let people know around you that your gonna spark up. What I don't understand is why do people pay $$$ to see U2 and jepordize your entire night just to get blown????

zoopop said:
One of the Elevation shows I went to a guy ask me if I mind if he smokes (weed). I told him yeah because I just want to enjoy the show (drove from San Antonio to Houston) and don't want security interupting or making a scene. He said I completly understand and went to go smoke in the bathroom. Very cool of the guy and I encourage smokers just to ask or let people know around you that your gonna spark up. What I don't understand is why do people pay $$$ to see U2 and jepordize your entire night just to get blown????

lol

zoopop said:

Why in the world would you go to the time, effort, and expense of seeing U2 just to spend part of the concert smoking weed in the bathroom?

That's just plain dumb.

People need to really lighten up with this nonsense.

Who really goes to a rock concert and has the balls to whine about people smoking???

It's a joke and people who make such a big deal about some smoke really should be going to a Yanni concert instead of a U2 concert for Christ's Sake!!!

:mad:

I don't mind if someone lights up pot, but I hate cigarettes (with the pot at least I get something nice out of it -- with cigs all I get is an awful stench). ;)

I've been to shows (granted they are in smaller venues) where the band asks nicely, but very firmly for the smokers to refrain from lighting up. Yay!

To me, smoking in a public place is inherently rude -- when one person lights up, everyone in the area smokes, whether they want to or not. And some people have serious breathing problems which are exacerbated when some fool lights up.

I will probably smoke so many cigarettes waiting in line I wont have any desire at all to smoke inside.
Especially when U2 comes on! They will give me a natural high :drool:

not to start a battle or anything, but i hope that you non-smokers realize that us poor souls who have spent years and money trying to quit this horrible addiction aren't lighting up just to piss you off.

Well.....considering the fact that I've quit smoking for over a year now, I would be pissed if someone "lit up" next to me. Let's face it........the "smoking" belongs OUTSIDE the arena or in the "designated" smoking sections. If you need to do something inside the arena, try enjoying the concert itself as we know U2 will put on an INCREDIBLY AMAZING show, (or drink some beer instead...LOL)

MsMofoGone said:
Well.....considering the fact that I've quit smoking for over a year now, I would be pissed if someone "lit up" next to me. Let's face it........the "smoking" belongs OUTSIDE the arena or in the "designated" smoking sections. If you need to do something inside the arena, try enjoying the concert itself as we know U2 will put on an INCREDIBLY AMAZING show, (or drink some beer instead...LOL)

stop whining, its a rock concert

Oh come on people......be serious!! We are talking about roughly 3 hours (or maybe a little more than that). If you can't STOP smoking, out of respect for people who don't, or stop because truthfully, it's NOT ALLOWED inside arenas, then there's something wrong......

Back
Top Bottom