Let's Be Cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Desert Dog said:

So be cool please it is a rock concert after all.

Be even cooler, if it's in an arena where smoking is prohibited, as most are, don't light up eh ?

bonosleftone said:

FAT PEOPLE!

That's a really stupid comment, but not unexpected.

My sister had several congenital heart defects which in turn caused lung and breathing problems. Smoke was a serious danger for her.

Originally posted by mikal
not to start a battle or anything, but i hope that you non-smokers realize that us poor souls who have spent years and money trying to quit this horrible addiction aren't lighting up just to piss you off.

I've heard it's a harder addiction to beat than heroin, of course, it's also considered more acceptable than heroin, which might help make it less necessary to quit. But I figure if the heroin addict can wait to shoot up, a smoker should be able to wait to light up too. (or find a place where it doesn't affect others)

Last edited:
Well you know what, I know I need to quit anyways. It's been on my mind for some time now. I'm pushing 40 in May and even my doctor told me it's a good time to quit before I develop some permanent health problems. I am going to quit in March, fuck it. Hell one month of smoking = overpriced GA's on eBay.

The weird thing is that I have this fear of not having some kind of edge. When I quit drinking and doing drugs, I thought for some weird reason I wouldnt be able to get into rock music anymore which I found not to be true of course. Funny how the mind works.

indra said:

That's a really stupid comment, but not unexpected.

My sister had several congenital heart defects which in turn caused lung and breathing problems. Smoke was a serious danger for her.

I've heard it's a harder addiction to beat than heroin, of course, it's also considered more acceptable than heroin, which might help make it less necessary to quit. But I figure if the heroin addict can wait to shoot up, a smoker should be able to wait to light up too. (or find a place where it doesn't affect others)

IT WAS MEANT TO BE SUBVERSIVE!

Back
Top Bottom