Less Chaos for round 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannonkv

War Child
Just wondering if the line ups for GA were handle the same way as people posted about the first show?

What time did people start lining up? (Someone started a thread saying they heard a rumour that the first show had people lined up at 4pm Sunday.....a little much methinks! lol)

Almost time for me to finally see them guys! YAY!

I can't say what time people started lining up because I showed up mid-afternoon. As for how the line was handled, it seemed to be the same as Monday. There were fans giving numbers until a certain time in the morning and the line got split-up in U2.com and non-U2.com by ACC staff in early afternoon. The U2.com line had one turnstile while the non U2.com line had two, so we decided to go for the regular line even though we had FAN tickets. I have to say however that because the regular line was larger than the U2.com line, it did not really go much faster. I looked at people standing next to me in the U2.com line and they were going about as fast as us. Both lines went in at the same time. once inside the building however the lines got kind of mixed up, even if there were two computers to scan.

So basically it's not really clear if it's better to go in the U2.com line or not. You have to make the call on the spot based on the information you have, but remember that when people start getting in, there is always some mixing up.

oceane--- Where'd you end up on the floor? Just wondering with your mid-afternoon arrival time.

About 5 people behind the rail, just right of center. Not the best spot, but it was decent. I couldn't see the main stage very well, but it was awesome when the band came out on the ellipse of course.

My advice about lining-up however is either to do it early morning or show up right before the doors open (especially if you are a U2.com memebr). There is no real benefit lining up after noon IMO.

So, my 1st show is on the 23rd in Minneapolis, and I think we're going to get there around 9:30 or 10:00 in the morning. Is that early enough?

Back
Top Bottom