Las Vegas I Setlist Watch and Party, Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2wedge said:
09-16-05_2314.jpg

09-16-05_2315.jpg

Is that a JT era cowboy hat, or that silly admiral captain's hat?

Clawgrabber said:

great place for stuck...

never thought the SOMETIMES/LAPOE transition worked...

dunno if the STUCK/LAPOE does, but like the variety... hope it sticks...
I wonder if it's onetime only (for Michael Hutchence?) or if this will happen again.

cbradfly1 said:
But I just heard a recording of Chicago 9/21 and the snippet for Bad was "The First Time" (Before they started playing it this tour.)

Actually, the first full performance of The First Time (and its first appearance full stop since 1993) came the night before in Chicago.

cbradfly1 said:

Best "Bad" I've seen live is Chicago 5/7 and there was no snippet really. But I just heard a recording of Chicago 9/21 and the snippet for Bad was "The First Time" (Before they started playing it this tour.) It was excellent.

I guess the best Bad snippet I've heard without being there was the whole Lou Reed "Walk on the wildside" from Live Ais 1. They haven't done that since.

5/7 had a snippet of a song called "In the Garden" I believe. I'm not familiar with the song but I agree, 5/7 Bad was AMAZING :drool:

They did Walk on the Wild Side in Boston during Zoo in '92... it is my favourite snippet as well. Though I think it'd be great if they snippeted The Velvet Underground's Heroin.

cbradfly1 said:

Best "Bad" I've seen live is Chicago 5/7 and there was no snippet really. But I just heard a recording of Chicago 9/21 and the snippet for Bad was "The First Time" (Before they started playing it this tour.) It was excellent.

I guess the best Bad snippet I've heard without being there was the whole Lou Reed "Walk on the wildside" from Live Aid 1. They haven't done that since.

i am with you...

the best snippet i have seen live is WHEN I LOOK AT THE WORLD

but the best BAD i have seen live is Chicago 5/7/05

dunno why, it was just incredible

JaxHW12.jpg

:sigh:

Mo....No....

Again. Fingers are still crossed. They have to play it, what with all the rehearsing...

I think Mofo will be back eventually. They'd wouldn't be practicing if they weren't planning on bringing it back!

cbradfly1 said:

5/7 was an EXCELLENT "bad." i particularly liked the intro bono gave before it. something like, "anything you want to let go of, any monkeys on your back, leave it here with me. let it go with me." something like that.

i should find an mp3 from that show. i don't think i have any. :(

cleazer said:
I wonder if it's onetime only (for Michael Hutchence?) or if this will happen again.

I think it bodes well for the encores for tomorrow night considering Walk On, Stuck and Wild Horse, all normally one show per multi-night stand songs were all played tonight. That leaves The First Time, maybe OOTS and CFYT as possibilities for Saturday or maybe...............

T.B.

Thanks to Chizip for the texts and thanks to QB for informing us all! :bow:

Goodnight, everyone. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom