Larry's Drums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
Larry changes his drumset and color of drums each tour. Why hasn't he done it this time. It is the same color as the Elevation, and the drumset I think is the same too. :huh:

Oh no! The Vertigo tour is simply a regurgitation of the Elevation tour! And the fact that Larry appears to be using the same drum kit proves it all! I think I'm going to sell my tickets on eBay right now!

hey i'm not sayin the tour is the same. i am just curious as to why he hasn't changed the drums, like he usually does. it doesn't really make a difference as far as the show goes.

mirrorballman said:

well there you go thats the answer... :| :wink:

I know it doesn't matter as far as the music goes. But still, it is quite odd that he hasn't changed the drumkit this time. I'm not complaining!!!:mad:

Maybe he just likes 'em? Maybe it's a Bono and mic stand type of thing? Maybe it really just doesn't matter? As long as he can still hit the things, who cares? :huh:

Maybe in the past, the drums were meant to "match" the stage set somehow, in color, style, etc. With Elevation and Vertigo being a more stripped down production, maybe now Larry's just playing drums that he likes, it doesn't matter so much how they look.

Infinitum98 said:
Larry changes his drumset and color of drums each tour. Why hasn't he done it this time. It is the same color as the Elevation, and the drumset I think is the same too. :huh:

*Couldn't resist*

Because he found what he was looking for, (in a drumkit).

cmb737 said:
Yes, a white Yamaha Beech Custom kit...

Larry's Bio at Yamaha

Interesting that his bio mentions that he changes the color and kit every tour.

On a related note, did anyone else notice that the amp covers and rack effects covers for Edge were the same ones from elevation. They had the suitcases on them and said elevation.

It's subtleties like this that were missed on this tour.

OffAxis said:

Interesting that his bio mentions that he changes the color and kit every tour.

On a related note, did anyone else notice that the amp covers and rack effects covers for Edge were the same ones from elevation. They had the suitcases on them and said elevation.

It's subtleties like this that were missed on this tour.

Yes I did notice that!

Back
Top Bottom