Lack of Audience during 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LyricalDrug said:
Opening night was REALLY loud and long, because I think there were so many psycho hardcore fans there.

I also saw the SJ shows, which were aweseome of course, but yeah, they trailed off at the end of 40.

I bet the first arena where the fans sing "how long..." at full tilt, for 5 minutes after Larry leaves, will get a surprise encore...

I agree. We sang for a long while after Larry left the stage. It only stopped when they eventually turned up the house lights. I was hoping U2 would come back out.

Question is though, if this happens, what would U2 play after 40? Fast Cars?:)

U2Fan101 said:
After listening to 40 from all 8 shows thus far, I have come to the conclusion that it seems like when the band stops playing, people immediately cut out singing "How long....to sing this song...". And in some instances they start up again when Larry begins to play his drum solo.

I don't know if it's that people, casual fans, aren't familiar with the song and the history of it as a closer, or if '40' has lost it's spirit.

For those of you who have been to the shows already, does it seem like the recordings tell the truth in the crowd participation of 40, or is it much better than I think it is?
well, this tells me that you were not in San Diego for the opening show........people were singing after they turned the lights on

Back
Top Bottom