LA Times article-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Didn't see any chatter regarding this LA Times piece. Be persistent and patient:

Arthur Fogel, president of Clear Channel Entertainment's TNA Productions division, which is promoting the Vertigo tour, said U2.com members will be contacted early next week with information on what measures will be taken to mollify disgruntled fans. That could include priority access for shows that are expected to be added to the existing dates, or to additional concerts on a second U.S. leg of the tour this fall.

"I honestly think the band recognizes there was a problem and is going to find a way to make it right for all those people who bought into the fan club," he said.

It will certainly be interesting to see what their idea of mollification is.

Maybe just maybe they secured tickets from the extra dates for members, you never know...

That would be such a beautiful thing if they made more tickets available. Their fan club did me no favors and I made out better in the general sale, but there are so many who didn't get any tickets at all.

Hey - they're trying! The Prop days are over - those are long gone - I think the band might realize the new method is a mistake. Obviously they can't completely right the wrongs, but it's nice to hear that they realize it was a big fiasco and are taking steps to ease some of the pain.

That said, can I have my $40 back? :huh: :wink:

msbarb said:
That would be such a beautiful thing if they made more tickets available. Their fan club did me no favors and I made out better in the general sale, but there are so many who didn't get any tickets at all.

Just the opposite for me, but I definitely agree with the idea that a lot needs to change in terms of members getting priority tickets. U2 may not want the same faces up front for every show, but those faces need guaranteed presale tickets for at least 1 show. That isn't too much to ask.

but where the hell are all the tickets for THIS SET OF DATES???

the fucking scalpers got them and they're not coming back, so what's the difference next time gonna be?:|

I fail to see with such limited shows offered on the first leg and with a membership listed at over 100, 000 members, how U2 can get member tickets to satisfy everyone. I would love to have two general admission tickets for one show and the opportuntiy to try to get close, but I'm a dreamer too, and I'm dreaming outloud.

That being said, when I spent all week on the computer searching for every ticket price available and only ever getting way up high nosebleeds, pre-sale and general public, the question has to go to Ticketmaster.

My complaint is that Ticketmaster has reserved over 90% of quality seats for brokers and scalpers so they can get rich.

If this is the case, why doesn't U2 just charge $500 for every seat in the house, chosen randomly.

At least then they can truly bless us from the bottom of their heart for making them rich and their lives wonderful.

The money will go to them directly instead of to the scalpers and brokers. Then U2 can give only like 20% of it's profit to an organization like Ticketmaster who might venture off into another arena to find people to screw over.

Just a thought?

You haven't heard us talk about it much because some of us a suspicious as hell that's it's just a bunch of horsecrap.

"Sorry I screwed up--won't happen again--I'll make it up to you."

It's not particularly convincing. I suspect they'll have another, (NEW AND IMPROVED!!) presale that we'll have to buy into on the next leg. You'll have a shot at one ticket if you can prove that you didn't attend the first leg. Or something lame like that.

And now TM has emailed people who had trouble w/ the presale and requested their info. But I'm sure that's just PR as well.

That's what I have been discussing with other members.

The event that is closest to me is Atlanta, and I'm sure it will be a date in the fall leg, it was suppose to be on March 8th originally.

I'm stuck in the position of keeping the membership or demanding a full refund.

If I want decent tickets for the show in my area, the best way would be a pre-sale.

Having said that, I don't trust those BASTARDS at Ticketmaster to improve their sysytem, and going up against the rest of you guys via phone, internet, or outlet store, has proven unsucessful for the 8 show I tried and I don't see U2 straightening this out by the time my concert location of choice comes around

Anybody good at viruses, can you send one to destroy Ticketmaster's computer system for good?

Good tickets can't be found because good tickets are in the hands of scalpers and brokers.

Well, u2.com have screwed us over royally. There is no doubt about that. The only good thing is that THEY are next in line for the screwing. And I will personally enjoy seeing that happen. Who in their right mind would renew after this treatment? You can't start a fan club and then insult all the fans. That's just insane.

The sad part is that after that U2 fans will be without an official fanclub.

Back
Top Bottom