LA / Stage Rumors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chrisedge said:

You do realize that Metallica didn't invent "In the Round" nor playing on a rotating stage. Peter Gabriel did it on his last tour, just before Metallica's last tour. (And I know it goes back much further than that, I saw Prince in the round way back on the Lovesexy tour.)

Enough with the Metallica shit. They were cool about 15 years ago.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :lmao: Yep I agrees with ya on that one! :yes:

The thing about the video screens isn't actually that hard to do......with more seats "in the round", they can just put up video screens in a section of seats where they won't be selling tickets......but then again, since there won't be anyone behind the band at all times if the stage rotates, this might give them the incentive to try and sell more tickets for each show.......which would then lead to them selling specific GA floor tickets, which seems likely....

but yeah, if they don't sell every seat in the house and count the floor seats with the other seats, then they could put up the video screens where nobody is sitting......should be interesting to see what the stage design turns out to be.....

Chrisedge said:

You do realize that Metallica didn't invent "In the Round" nor playing on a rotating stage. Peter Gabriel did it on his last tour, just before Metallica's last tour. (And I know it goes back much further than that, I saw Prince in the round way back on the Lovesexy tour.)

Enough with the Metallica shit. They were cool about 15 years ago.

Metallica was cool? I missed that boat.

*ahem*. I'm a big Metallica fan. They ARE cool, and in some ways, very similar to U2.

Both are legendary bands in their respective fields, and they are probably the two best remaining touring rock bands out there.

Both refused to be put in one genre of music and experimented musically.

AND both bands have hit a "snag" in their touring (U2 with Popmart, Metallica with their Load shows), only to come back in their forties and play the best shows of their careers (U2 with Elevation, Metallica with this previous tour).

Metallica was, I believe, the 4th or 5th best selling tour of the year.

AND, both have fans ready to protect them against even the slightest insult. :wink:

The John Tree said:
*ahem*. I'm a big Metallica fan. They ARE cool, and in some ways, very similar to U2.

Both are legendary bands in their respective fields, and they are probably the two best remaining touring rock bands out there.

AND both bands have hit a "snag" in their touring (U2 with Popmart, Metallica with their Load shows), only to come back in their forties and play the best shows of their careers (U2 with Elevation, Metallica with this previous tour).

AND, both have fans ready to protect them against even the slightest insult. :wink:

Metallica sucks and should not be compared to U2 in any way shape or form!!
The Elevation shows where very good, but IMO the Zoo Tour was Amazing, the best so far!

I liked that Lemon mechanical thing they came out of, I was at the one where it stalled and they were in it for a while, and had to climb out, wasn't that Phoenix? I liked the Joshua Tree tours best tho, and the Unforgettable Fire ones.

Hey, don't short-change Def Leppard. They were playing in the round in the 80s...Remember the "Pour Some Sugar On Me Video"?

:lol:

The John Tree said:

Yes Metallica is very similiar. Great example U2 and Metallica have their biggest hit "One" U2 and Metallica put on great shows and have millions of fans around the world.

cudar said:
well they can sell more tickets that way. 'In the Round' as opposed to end stage. Although they did sell behind the stage tickets during Elevation. Look at it this way more seats, less crappy ones.

No, same number of seats, just less crappy ones.

Prince used a round stage this tour. They are wonderful, because far more people are close to the stage. I wish everybody would tour using a round stage. Remember the Zoo one they had the ramp and at the end they had a small round stage and they did acoustic songs down there, it was great, that was in coliseums.

Back
Top Bottom