King of Leon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interpol.... :drool: I am SO hooked on them right now, it's not even funny. :|

Yahweh said:
I will tell you one thing...Kings Of Leon are 10 times better then the shit I had to sit through in Popmart when Fun Lovin Criminals opened.

Fun Lovin' Criminals were absolutely ABYSMAL! I can't say I like Kings of Leon that much though either. I'm hoping that any of those bands that will be opening for them in Europe will carry over on to the third leg.

Axver said:

Hm, no. Boy and October are U2's fourth and sixth best albums. KOL couldn't produce one song to even compare to feckin' MIAMI. They'd be hard-pressed to recreate Boy/Girl!

Useless, incompetent bastards. I should go into music. I can play guitar, sing better, and write better lyrics than those hacks.
Sorry, but you're wrong.

H said:

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Except for the part where I'm not because Kings Of Leon are total crap and U2 are quality and have always been quality since Boy, the best debut album ever.

ihavefollowed said:
I wish that Interpol would open for U2. They are probably too "indie", but it would be great.
Yeah, that would be amazing! Antics is one of my favourite albums from last year... :drool:

I wish they'd just announce a support act for the oslo date, this is killing me! lol All the support acts announced so far are great IMO, except Keane... ;)

I just saw Kings Of Leon tonight and it was a GREAT show. Take the time to get to know a few of their songs and you will have a blast. They rocked!!!!!!

I have their cds and like their songs but their live sound was much better than I expected. They are just 4 boys and tonight I saw them in a club of 500 people and in just a few weeks they will be playing in front of 40,000 and trust me, they are up for it.

I have seen at least 8 U2 concerts with as many opening acts and Kings of Leon are, by far, the best yet.

I only have tickets for the 3rd leg, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll still be opening.

cobbweb

I agree KINGS OF LEON will be a top opening act i have seen them twice and loved it!

Roland of Gilead said:
I haven't heard a single song yet. :reject:

Okay, somebody name me some songs I should check out.

Here's a list of their most listenable stuff:

I found it hard to listen to. The guys voice is way to annoying. Why don't they just get the real black crows.

exactly guys. I'm not excited about kings of leon either, but I think the problem here is their music isn't really the style of music that many U2 fans like. I would never however boo anybody off stage. These guys are trying to make it just like anybody else whether you like their style or not and I think it is very rude to just try and make them feel like crap, because you don't like their music. Everybody has different musical tastes. I have to say I almost died watching smash mouth open for them during popmart, but never once did I boo at them or throw things on stage. Just take a bathroom break or a drink break or something during their set.

U2Acrobat8 said:
exactly guys. I'm not excited about kings of leon either, but I think the problem here is their music isn't really the style of music that many U2 fans like. I would never however boo anybody off stage. These guys are trying to make it just like anybody else whether you like their style or not and I think it is very rude to just try and make them feel like crap, because you don't like their music. Everybody has different musical tastes. I have to say I almost died watching smash mouth open for them during popmart, but never once did I boo at them or throw things on stage. Just take a bathroom break or a drink break or something during their set.

I'm like you, I would never boo them or anything.

But if someone has paid $160/ticket and isn't offending anyone by doing so, then that's their right too.

A silent response will probably piss off the band more than booing would probably.

I've seen bands thrive on booing, but only once did I ever see anyone get pissed off at the crowd due to no response whatsoever, (John Cougar Mellencamp when he was still "Johnny Cougar", opening for Thin Lizzy back in '78)

why the hell would you want to boo off kings of leon? they are a class act who are big here in UK and regaully sell out 8,000 people at the concerts. for those who have not heard any songs checks out some of these!

Mollys Chambers
California Waiting
The Bucket
Red Morning Light

andyuk said:
why the hell would you want to boo off kings of leon? they are a class act who are big here in UK

The UK is a great place for them, especially during the Vertigo tour. 1st Leg.

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up that I saw Kings of the Leon last night in Austin. They were awesome and I think alot of guys will respect and like some of the tunes they play live. First the singer sounds way better live than on the albums. Second, the guitar player is top notch. These guys have a big rockin sound, kind of like a Stones (1969-1972) meets the Ramones with a touch of alt country. I even got to speak with the lead singer last night for a second. I told him good show then asked him if they were pumped for opening up for U2 in like 2 weeks. He didn't sound too nervous and said that U2 approached them to play and were ready to roll. Anyway they were great live and I think alot of you will enjoy them. They'll be a huge upgrade of what the US had during the Elevation tour.

zoopop said:
They'll be a huge upgrade of what the US had during the Elevation tour.

Oh, I'd be thrilled with Garbage or No doubt....

As it is, I'll be thrilled to not be rushing (ha!) down the 5 in order to catch the opening act !

I feel after shelling out 160 bucks pop we should be getting a "Grade A" opening act like Garbage or No Doubt. I think its ridiculous that they couldn't have found an established group that would open up. I wouldn't even mind seeing a group like counting crows or Live that I'm sure would open up if asked. I'm tired of going to a U2 show and seeing a flavor of the month band.

Back
Top Bottom