'Keane' supporting U2 on 3rd Leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NHChris

The Fly
This is strictly a question, not a rumor or anything I've heard. I'm wondering whether any of the support acts for U2's summer European swing (Keane being one of them) will be coming back to support the band in the U.S. this fall? Any news on that front?

Chris

Wow! it's funny people's different musical tastes. No judging here at all, as you need variety and different tastes to keep music interesting, but I looove Keane's new album and am very disappointed they are only opening for a few shows in Europe. Here's hoping for the third leg:wink:

I saw Keane on the first night of their US tour in January and they were incredible. I think they'd make a great opener.

Oasis? Well, my first question is this: Isn't there some bad blood between these two bands? I thought I recall someone from Oasis making some derogatory comments about U2, all stemming from Oasis' designs on being the 'world's biggest band.' They kind of self-annointed themselves that title, I do believe. And, what has been heard from them lately, anyway?

I'm going to plagarize from poor Martha here: Please jesus no.

NHChris said:
Oasis? Well, my first question is this: Isn't there some bad blood between these two bands? I thought I recall someone from Oasis making some derogatory comments about U2, all stemming from Oasis' designs on being the 'world's biggest band.' They kind of self-annointed themselves that title, I do believe. And, what has been heard from them lately, anyway?

I'm going to plagarize from poor Martha here: Please jesus no.

Bands that don't like each other don't usually give credit and dedicate songs on their platinum selling albums to each other, and list names on the cd sleeve.

mkdominatr said:
im hoping for either franz ferdinand or the killers....when do you think they will announce this?

I'm with you on this one. Franz Ferdinand and ESPECIALLY The Killers would both get the crowd riled up and going, all fired up for the "unos, dos, tres, CATORCE!!!". I'd also be psyched if it were Snow Patrol. Solid Band.

Keane's great, but not very energetic. I'm crossing my fingers for the other guys.

I just saw their GLASTONBURY 2004 show... amazing performance...

And the have an amazing song to end their show: THE LAST TIME... I was just :ohmy: :drool: :rockon:

i loooooove keane. they'd be a perfect third leg opener.
i'm jealous of those who get to see them during the european leg.

LisaU2 said:

Keane's great, but not very energetic. I'm crossing my fingers for the other guys.

I disagree....saw them a month ago here in Boston and they were VERY energetic. That keyboardest sure can move around! I thought they were a blast. I would love any of the bands opening up for U2 in Europe.

danielle said:

I disagree....saw them a month ago here in Boston and they were VERY energetic. That keyboardest sure can move around! I thought they were a blast. I would love any of the bands opening up for U2 in Europe.

Good to hear, then. I like Keane, just didn't know how they were live! Thanks for the insider info.

martha said:
Please jesus no..........

Hopes and Fears is one of the best albums I have bought in a long long time. I think they are an outstanding band and brilliant song writers.

Out of hand dismissals are not only ignorant, but boring.

Jesus has nothing to do with it, he is touring with The Eagles.

Keane is pretty good... as a matter of fact, it would probably be the best opener that U2 could have chosen in the last few tours.

Who the hell do you guys want? Pink Floyd to open for U2?

cmb737 said:

Out of hand dismissals are not only ignorant, but boring.

Oh believe me, this is not an out of hand dismissal. I suffered through most of that album in Barnes and Noble one night. I didn't know who it was, so there was no bias. I finally couldn't take it anymore and went downstairs to find out who it was. It was Keane.

So, I may be boring at times, and even ignorant, but not in this case.

Lay off martha she likes sparkly t hings from anthropologie!

back on topic-is anyone in the interscope/universal music family coming out with an album in the fall? I felt that is what happened in fall 01 with no doubt garbage etc (same record co)

Back
Top Bottom