just watched larrys acceptance speech at the grammy again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
and i cant help but just feel so greatful that U2 are even on tour at this point, there was something going on, and something possibly still going on, but yet they have come out on the road and gave there all to us,

so this thread is just to say a big thank you to the band for coming out and letting us see them :up:

I agree, props to U2 for going on tour this year. I don't know what it is, but something just feels different about U2. Its been a long hard working year for U2 and I just grateful we all get to see & enjoy their shows.

zoopop said:
I agree, props to U2 for going on tour this year. I don't know what it is, but something just feels different about U2. Its been a long hard working year for U2 and I just grateful we all get to see & enjoy their shows.
i wouldnt say it feels different, this tour is amazing imo, the band are perfoming amazingly imo, i mean theres people saying edge is jumping up and down through the show, which he didnt do last tour from what i seen, adams playing the crowd etc

i just wanted to thank the band for leaving whatever it is that was going on, and letting us spend a year with them

what do you mean by things going on? do you mean health things or like behind the scenes stuff. It seems odd to me how they dont travel together.. but maybe they have been doing this for a while? On stage it seems like bono/edge are close...but it seems like all of them get along perfomring and such...either way..awesome tour :)

strwar718 said:
what do you mean by things going on? do you mean health things or like behind the scenes stuff. It seems odd to me how they dont travel together.. but maybe they have been doing this for a while? On stage it seems like bono/edge are close...but it seems like all of them get along perfomring and such...either way..awesome tour :)
things going on i.e. edges daughter, and as far as i am aware the band are good friends, but like all friends need there own space, i mean they all stay in the same hotel etc, and am sure they all get picked up the same times, so maybe its just a rockstar thing

The one thing that feels different to me is seeing Bono needing to read the lyrics for One and Beautiful Day... those songs should be tattooed in his brain by now and seeing him read the lyrics, or NEEDING to read the lyrics this late in the tour tells me A. He's just too busy to be as 'inside' these songs as he once was or B. He's just getting old. What do you think? Even if he's just tired of singing them, he should have at least have them memorized, no?

I hope we're not seeing the transformation of a rock star trying to be a politician to a politician trying to be a rock star. In four years, it will be interesting to see where things will be at.

Just an observation, in the big scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal, I guess.

Last edited:
wait, hasn't Bono always had trouble with recalling the lyrics?!

edge was jumping all about both nights in detroit (especially the first, i thought) and seems really excited to be playing and very into it. he's been amazing as well!
Adam added the big energy to my first ever U2 show this past May in Chicago, and he still seems into it too. And Larry gets out at the tip of the ellipse and stuff!
I don't know; this is the first tour I've seen live, but all seems well to me!

I do hope it is not just leaving troubles behind but that things are going well, and I echo the appreciation others have expressed for the tour! It's gotta take a ton of mental and spiritual as well as physical energy and it's so lovely to be part of that outpouring, to let it rain down on us and maybe send a little energy back...

cheers all!

sigh it's wonderful u2 is touring again... hopefully the next tour will include asia, more specifically the philippines and allow u2 show that they truly are the biggest band in the WORLD and not just in the west

bakedpony said:
sigh it's wonderful u2 is touring again... hopefully the next tour will include asia, more specifically the philippines and allow u2 show that they truly are the biggest band in the WORLD and not just in the west

Asia like eastern Europe and at least a few countries in north africa....................that would be cool!

Back
Top Bottom