just seen sao paulo DVD for the first time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
and my god, what a show, and imo beats chigago DVD and both elevation dvds hands down, and i may even say beats the mexico popmart VHS, just everything about it, edge jumping, larry smiling, adams coolness, bono's voice, that screen :drool:

sorry about making a post like this, but just had to get the excitment of my chest

Where d'you get it from?? I'm chomping at the bit for one of these films!!

cheers.. right maybe it's time to bite the bullet and figure out what u2torrents is all about !!

KUEFC09U2 said:
and my god, what a show, and imo beats chigago DVD and both elevation dvds hands down, and i may even say beats the mexico popmart VHS, just everything about it, edge jumping, larry smiling, adams coolness, bono's voice, that screen :drool:

sorry about making a post like this, but just had to get the excitment of my chest

in name of brasil thanks for the comments already mate , specially from someone of a city that really knows something about rockn roll :D

BTW you would be surprised in knowing that the 2nd concert was even better.

Oh yeah!

The Sao Paulo broadcast was sensational!

Great, great show!

I can't wait to see the 3D IMAX show!

It's an amazing concert.
My favourite live video of Mysterious Ways.

Canadiens1160 said:
It's an amazing concert.
My favourite live video of Mysterious Ways.
the performance of mysterious ways is amazing, edges solo :drool:

Am I the only thinking that the outdoor Vertigo show is very, VERY dark?

no, it feels like there is something missing from the outdoor production

basically the outdoor show is the giant screen and thats it

it needs some lights outside the screen to compliment it, provide for some more focal points

Last edited:
annie_vox said:
That audience is just soooooo great... They're really passionate! Very latin type:wink:

Like I said people couldn't believe it , but the audience on tuesday was even louder and better , people went nuts on tuesday which was the day I attended the concert.

Chizip said:
no, it feels like there is something missing from the outdoor production

basically the outdoor show is the giant screen and thats it

it needs some lights outside the screen to compliment it, provide for some more focal points

:up:

This only proves the point about Chizip I made in another thread :drool:

Here it is , the report of u2log about tuesdays concert , already gives you a clue about the audience :

Last night Morumbi Stadium was filled with 70,000 Brazilians, but
20,000 more without tickets listened to the show outside the stadium in the rain. They just wanted to be there to say goodbye to the biggest band on the planet.

Bono brought two girls to the stage, one during “Desire” (she stole a kiss from Bono and The Edge) and one during “Mysterious Ways.” The highlights of the show were during “Pride” and “Where the Streets Have No Name,” when the audience sang louder than Bono. The setlist was full of surprises.

http://u2log.com/archive/2006/02/goodbye_brazil.php

and Here to close it , look what edge said about it :

Edge about Sao Paulo II: "wowww! Unbelievable!"

http://www.reginaonumb.blogger.com.br/2006_02_01_archive.html#38239341

Last edited:
U2Man said:
Am I the only thinking that the outdoor Vertigo show is very, VERY dark?

No you're not. I didn't like how grey it all was until COBL. You could barely see the band it was so dark.

There should be some more light on the audience and some more projectors here and there. Like on POPMART :drool:

J_NP said:

Like I said people couldn't believe it , but the audience on tuesday was even louder and better , people went nuts on tuesday which was the day I attended the concert.

The second show was unbelievable. Bono lost himself in the set list, the had to play Desire, the audience was crazy, surprised, (and i think that u2, too).

I cryed a lot in this show, New Years Day..."i'll be with you again..."

All I Want is You:sad: :drool:

there maybe MANY reasons for why it is so dark, but if i am correct in what i am thinking, when people film shows, they bring in extra lighting, etc etc, this has been mentioned in willies diary prior to the chigago and boston show on the elevation tour, but when i was at the machester show, the crowd were completly lit, and i was pretty much at the half way line,

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
why is it once again the same people trying to bring what was supposed to be a positive thread down?

i agree, u2man is annoying like that, i think i finally found a picture of him

downer.jpg

Chizip said:

i agree, u2man is annoying like that, i think i finally found a picture of him

downer.jpg
i actually deleated that part of my message, and apologise if it caused any offence to you guys

shy said:

The second show was unbelievable. Bono lost himself in the set list, the had to play Desire, the audience was crazy, surprised, (and i think that u2, too).

I cryed a lot in this show, New Years Day..."i'll be with you again..."

All I Want is You:sad: :drool:

Yup thats right , the 2nd show could be described in one sentence , this one Bono said :

"Ontem tocamos para o brasil inteiro , hoje e nossa festinha particular"

which means in english

"Yesterday we played for the whole brazil , today is our little private party."

KUEFC09U2 said:
there maybe MANY reasons for why it is so dark, but if i am correct in what i am thinking, when people film shows, they bring in extra lighting, etc etc, this has been mentioned in willies diary prior to the chigago and boston show on the elevation tour, but when i was at the machester show, the crowd were completly lit, and i was pretty much at the half way line,

This is correct. Look at the difference in stage brightness between the Pro-Shot Washinton '92 ZOOTV Outside Broadcast and the Sydney show for example. Same stage show, but Sydney was a LOT brighter.

I can clearly see myself several times during this Sao Paulo broadcast. I'm the tall blonde gringo with the white shirt in the front row that you can see during Elevation and some other songs.

Shy, were you near the front of the line to get in to the first show? If so, then I was just behind you in the line. I remember a group of fans with shirts with names on the back of them and one said Shy.

Back
Top Bottom