Just Got My GAs for Hartford and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Techie2000 said:
Umm, nothing on them about them being "presale" tickets even though I ordered during the presale with my presale code. What do I do?

The word now is that you'll be able to use your U2.com membership card thingy as proof of membership to get you into the "presale only" line at the venue.

This is what @U2 is reporting...

UPDATE: NEW OFFICIAL WORD ON SD #2 GA LINEUPS
March 30, 2005
posted by: m2
Update: Hi. Me again. 12:15 p.m. Wednesday, and I've just gotten off the phone with "Jason," a member of U2's security team who is managing the GA lineup today in San Diego. Here's the latest on what is obviously a very fluid situation:

U2's management insisted that the GA line be separated into two, one for U2.com members and one for everyone else, "in order to maintain consistency" with what started on Monday
so, there are now two GA lines, just like Monday
also just like Monday, both lines will go into the arena at the same time -- the only benefit to being in the U2.com member line is that it's shorter, and should move faster
since there are no U2.com presale tickets for today, they are using the U2.com membership card as your ID...or...a printout of your U2.com profile from inside the U2.com members area
many fans have left the GA line to go to the nearby Kinko's to use the computers there to print out their U2.com profile
at future shows, you can bring your U2.com membership card and/or your U2.com profile printout as proof of your U2.com membership status

Last edited:
They won't say presale they'll say something like N-Type (instead of Adult).

I'm not sure that the membership card requirement is good for presale shows have you actually seen that confirmed somewhere?

Last edited:
I thought that was only for dates without presale tix, no? :confused:

I would agree that just a GA ticket and the proof of u2.com membership will work out better, but don't know... we might find out today...

Look at the top line of the ticket.

Does it say "ADULT" or something like N-TYPE, J-FAN, B-FAN, etc. etc.

It would say ADULT if it was a regular tickets (like it does on my Hartford GA's).

It would say something different for pre-sale tickets.

Also, I think the U2.com membership card is for date that did not have a pre-sale.

This date had a pre-sale so I think the line will only consist of pre-sale tickets.

Miroslava said:
I would agree that just a GA ticket and the proof of u2.com membership will work out better, but don't know... we might find out today...

I think that would be a great way of doing things the entire tour.

Having to show fan club membership to be in the presale line, It would definitely cut out those who bought form scalpers, but it could easily get very messy!

There's always gonna be a few legit members who wouldn't show up with the needed U2.com ID materials and not be able to get into the line... That would suck! :|

Last edited:
Re: Re: Just Got My GAs for Hartford and...

beatlesboy said:
The word now is that you'll be able to use your U2.com membership card thingy as proof of membership to get you into the "presale only" line at the venue.

Below is the text of an email I received from U2.Com Customer Service this morning after I complainted they had not sent my membership card. They must be TRYING to keep us off balance.

Dear Barb,

Thank you for your email. There are going to be 2 lines at the concerts.
One will be for U2.com members and the other for general admission tickets.
You are identified by your ticket, not your membership card. You do not
need your membership card to get first admission, there will be a code that
is on your presale ticket that identifies that you are a U2.com member.

The U2.com line will be allowed in the concert first by your ticket being
scanned. A random selection by scanning your ticket, will determine if the
ticket holder gets into the ellipse or not. Not all U2.com members will get
into the ellipse, only a random selection.

Fan Club members will be allowed the first entrance into the arena. Once
the fan club line has been exhausted, the other line will go through the
same process.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one
of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-350-2016. (Please be sure
to include a copy of this email any reply.)

Best Wishes
Tammy
U2.com Customer Service

ummm--I thought both lines were entering concurrently---is this not true?

it would be better if they let fan club members in first only

least that way we get first spot in the elipse or first choice anywhere on the floor.....but for the last 2 shows the lines ahve movd at the same time..

I went to both shows in San Diego, the lines moved at the same time. There were 4 gates to go through with which they let about 5-7 people through at a time. Yes, the regular ga line was longer, but the fan line didn't move much faster because of those 4 gates only 1 was being used for presale ticket holders, hence 15 non presale ticket holders were running through as compared to 5 of the presale ticket holders. The second night I got in the u2.com line as there were no presale tickets to be had and I am a member. Nobody even checked to see u2.com cards or our profiles printed out. There were plenty of people around me who just happened to jump in our line who had no idea, and as they walked through our line all they checked was that we had GA tickets and nothing else. I was even told by a venue security guard that it didn't matter what line we got in.

I hope this all gets worked out pretty soon. Hope some of this info helps ya'll:wink:

Back
Top Bottom