Just called TM... over 3 MILLION u2 calls today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earnd193

Babyface
1. Dispute your $40 credit card charge.
2. They said U2 WAAAAAAAAY oversold pre-sale passwords and did not allot NEARLY enough tickets. I'm sure we all know this.
3. Cry.
4. They might reactivate passwords. But that will do no good as tickets simply do not remain.

What can you do.

Yeah I was still a little hopeful, but the sad reality is that the tix will be long gone even if Ticketbastards do resolve the code issue.

They are very squarley to blame for the technical problems and resultant chaos, but U2.com are the ones who have LIED to the fans willfully and with intent.

It figures that U2.com way oversold membership, because they're more than happy to take $40 from anyone willing to give it to them. What they should have done from the outset was (successfully) contact the Propaganda subscribers and offer not only the dicounted membership, but a window of 2-3 weeks to purchase the membership. Based on how many did subscribe to U2.com, they then could have determined how many additonal memberships they could offer to the public. It seems they never placed a cap on what a reasonable amount of members for a presale would be (since that's the only reason we all joined U2.com).

ladywithspinninghead said:
you mean 3 million U2 fans called in to complain??
WOW!!! U2will definitely hear about this then...

Nah that was JUST me - three million times! Gotta love those auto diallers LOL

Dear U2.com members,

My Interference handle is Hef4u2, and my U2.com handle is mailjeff.

I have followed the band for the last dozen years, been to all the concerts, bought the albums, and been a good fan.

I like you have helped give them the great life they tell us about.

But like you, today we were all cheated on the promises for our U2.com memberships.

This should have never happened. I know we all feel cheated and betrayed.

It is now time for us to do something as a collective, a group action. Just as Martin Luther King would advocate, power to the people.

Corporate snobs like Ticketmaster need to be stopped.

Here is our chance to do so.

We have to unite together in voice so loud that we cannot be silenced.

But we all are disconnected, in different parts of the country, different parts of the world.

However, we have the Internet to connect us all together.

The whole world hooked up to one little cable.

Five people have responded to my post ready to do something, anything.

A class action lawsuit has been mentioned, we need legal advice as to what are our rights in this case might be.

Any suggestions or opinions need to be given and turned into action.

Five needs to turn into ten, twenty, thirty, thousands of fans that were betrayed today.

My email is mailjeff@comcast.net, my handle is hef4u2

Respond back to join a petition to right this wrong.

I didn't do the presale, but I'm not happy about what happened to my friends. I'll sign a petition. I'm registered at U2.com as verte76 as well. This calls for a protest of some sort. I saw a ticket get sold on ebay for $630. This sucks.
Let's see if we can't get some sleep after a tough day, then we've got some work to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom