Japan Show's Setlist Text Source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Hi All. :wave:

Just sort of planning ahead here, at present we have nobody (at least to my knowledge) Providing us with Setlists for the 3 shows in Japan next week.

So if you are going to these shows and Wouldnt mind us being annoying so you can text us the setlist as the show happens, drop me PM or leave me your e-mail address, and I'll contact you.

It would be great if you could help out.

bono_man2002,

I'll have a Japanese cell phone with me capable of sending MMS and SMS messages, so if it works OK inside the Saitama Super Arena, I'll provide the setlists for all three Tokyo shows.

I hope I recognize all the snippets they're bound to play! If they play any Japanese pop songs, I'll have to ask my neighbors what they are. Or maybe I'll just type "some Pink Lady song" everytime.

I've never done this before, so please email me with instructions:

U2kidz@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Nick

PS. By the way, no opening band, as far as I know, so be here at 7:30pm sharp, Tokyo time

Last edited:
Tokyo is +17 hours ahead of PST, so the shows will begin at 2:30am the same day in California.

Last edited:
I would do the audio, too, but I can't afford the 60 cents per minute phone charges they're hitting me with. Unless someone wants to send me $216 by Sunday :wink:

Plus, I like to sing really loudly and horribly to all the songs, with all the wrong lyrics, so everyone listening would probably be pissed off at me for ruining their listening party with my unbelievably atrocious singing voice :barf: and I'd have to refund everyone's money.

Last edited:
Aaaand 4U2Play wins. :up:

I'm really looking forward to these setlists. It will be interesting to see what the band do, given that some parts of the set have not yet become set in stone.

I wonder what else they have in store for Japan second and in particular third night...WITS maybe?

U2girl said:
I wonder what else they have in store for Japan second and in particular third night...WITS maybe?

I very much doubt it. I'm surprised it wasn't done in Melbourne or Auckland, and I don't believe U2 would bring out a whole new song just for the four remaining shows. It would certainly be one of their weirder setlist moments in their history if they did.

Mirrorballman83 said:
but for the japan's shows, U2 use the indoor or the outdoor stage?

Pretty sure it will be the outdoor setup. The venue is a stadium, after all.

It's an outdoor set-up with the b-stages. :D

Yay 4U2Play!!!!!!

Thank you for doing this guys.

Less than 3 hours til Vertigo!!!!!!!!

Is this where we catch the setlist?

I suppose I should make the setlist party thread. Will do that now.

Back
Top Bottom