Ja Rule with It? M.Ways Queston....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Just listening again to Anaheim nite 2, and during Mysterious Ways towards the end - it sounds like Bono is singing directly to the Rapper. "Ja Rule with it" is what it sounds like to me!
Was he in the audience per chance?

:giggle: I started a thread for this?!

I think he's using 'Jah' in the sense that it's part of the name of Yahweh/Jahweh/Jehovah.

Axver said:
I think he's using 'Jah' in the sense that it's part of the name of Yahweh/Jahweh/Jehovah.

it's also what Rastafarians call God... what next, Bono hitting the stage with one of these? :p

DCP_3521.gif

he is a bob marley fan too, ain't he? :p Are we sure those are regular cigarettes he's smoking?

Yeah, he sang "Jehovah with you/Jah move with it" during at least ONE Elevation show (New Jersey) -- I'm listening to it right now!

Ja Rule was just in Toronto recently on an assult charge. He got a slap on the wrist for it, but spoke to the media quite eloquently.

After his day in court, he accidentally stepped into the wrong limo in front of cameras.

If Bono talks about Jah....it is the Rastifarian way of saying God.......not Ja Rule the hip hop artist.

It is quite obvious that Bono loves other cultures. Look at how he throws in "I and I" (very typical Jamaican saying) in the tune Elevation. Not to mention a quote in his Bob Marley induction speech that Irish people are Jamaican people who can't dance.

But Bono is "down" with some hip hoppers. I've seen pictures of him with Jay Z. In fact on the Jay Z album "The Gift and the Curse" Jay Z has a lyric on a song called "Guns and Roses" that goes:

"Post Postatono,
Hov' hangin with Bono
U 2 can live like Salvatore Ferragamo
And you too can cool out poolside after Delano
And you too flow like you was out of your mind yo"

Notice the "U2" and "you too" play on words.....those tricky rappers.

But....not to hijack the thread.....I gotta admit I loved it when Bono "rapped" during Bullet the Blue Sky on Elevation tour before he recites the "Outside it's America" bit. Seems Bono's done some chillin' in the hood.

um......Word up! :D

Last edited:
solacevip said:
"Post Postatono,
Hov' hangin with Bono
U 2 can live like Salvatore Ferragamo
And you too can cool out poolside after Delano
And you too flow like you was out of your mind yo"

Is that meant to be English? Because I haven't a faintest clue what that's on about.

heh heh look who's here? ;)

Just to clarify...

Bono says "Jah moves with it" and "Jah moves me" on a few Elevation boots I have. I was also at the Jersey show referenced and he does says "Jehovah moves me" - its also on the recording.

However "Jah" is not really about Rastafarian beliefs, though they do call God that name. "Jah/Yahweh/Jehovah" is the god of the Old Testament, and many many of the verses in David's Psalms speak of Jah.

It doesnt surprise me at all when Bono says these things, and I was very glad to hear Yahweh when the album came out. Rather than hide it, Bono seems determined to shout God's name in praise and song at every show.

Yeah, Bono has said that their songs are all about God or women and oftentimes both, and "Mysterious Ways" is the most obvious example of that. He snippets "My Sweet Lord" into it occasionally too, and it fits perfectly. "Jah" is a clever way to acknowledge that while keeping in the groove of the song.

Axver said:

Is that meant to be English? Because I haven't a faintest clue what that's on about.

Ha ha ha.....'tis English....Ebonics if you will.......but that's another thread.

You gotta do some chillin' in the hood to understand ;)

Back
Top Bottom