It's Offical Barcelona was the best concert so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mofo said:

yes I know it gets tired, I was just trying to explain Again why the title of this tread which at the end of the day was just for fun and trying to capture the interest of the forum members, now on with the poll......

I still think Barcelona was the real star...

:reject:

Damn you KBRY...:madspit:

June 12th Gelsenkirchen - Schalke Stadium
7th July Berlin - Olympic Stadium
10th July Paris ­ Stade de France
16th July Amsterdam – Arena
18th July Zurich – Letzigrund Stadium
20th July Milan - San Siro
21st July Milan - San Siro
23rd July Rome - Olympic Stadium
27th July Oslo - Vallehovin Stadium
29th July Gothenburg - Ullevi Stadium
31st July Copenhagen - Parken
3rd August Munich - Olympic Stadium
5th August Nice - Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann
11th August Madrid - Estadio Vicente Calderon
14th August Lisbon - Alvalade

Still no votes come in for the Italian, German and Scandinavian shows.
Lets hope we aren't coming to a full stop before we find out the true champion.

1stOne said:

I still think Barcelona was the real star...

:reject:

Damn you KBRY...:madspit:

yeah I know but I don't think people want to hear more from us regarding barcelona :wink:

KBRY said:

So sexy when you are angry...I like that:wink:

757.gif

I'm not Spanish (we're from Seattle), but for what it is worth, I was at Seattle 2, Vancouver 2, and at Barca. Of those three, Barca was best.

U2 did go on over their normal time limit as well, with really two encores (I understand they usually only do one encore in Europe), and of course the Edge’s birthday celebration (twice that evening, complete with Champaign). The crowd was great. U2 seemed a little more relaxed that evening and in no hurry. Lot's of meandering Beatle tunes thrown in by Bono between songs. Bono talked about the Edges love of Barcelona, his 5th birthday in that city. It's always quite subjective unless you've been to a lot of shows, but the chemistry was there and it was probably one of the better shows of the European Tour. There are no bad shows by U2. I still have Portland to see, with great seats, my final show of the tour - well, unless they come around for 2006.

note: it was fun riding the subway with a massive U2 crowd to and from the show as well.

Lewis12 said:
I'm not Spanish (we're from Seattle), but for what it is worth, I was at Seattle 2, Vancouver 2, and at Barca. Of those three, Barca was best.

U2 did go on over their normal time limit as well, with really two encores (I understand they usually only do one encore in Europe), and of course the Edge’s birthday celebration (twice that evening, complete with Champaign). The crowd was great. U2 seemed a little more relaxed that evening and in no hurry. Lot's of meandering Beatle tunes thrown in by Bono between songs. Bono talked about the Edges love of Barcelona, his 5th birthday in that city. It's always quite subjective unless you've been to a lot of shows, but the chemistry was there and it was probably one of the better shows of the European Tour. There are no bad shows by U2. I still have Portland to see, with great seats, my final show of the tour - well, unless they come around for 2006.

note: it was fun riding the subway with a massive U2 crowd tand from the show as well.

Another vote for Barca Kevino5.:rockon: I think you need to review the competition rules..:whistle:

Gothenburg was amazing...its the only vertigo show I've attended...but compared to the other U2 shows I've seen(Popmart & Elevation) this one was by far the best one..

1stOne said:

Another vote for Barca Kevino5.:rockon: I think you need to review the competition rules..:whistle:

What rules:shrug: :lol:

I think ADAM 3 will have to be crowned champion soon

Interesting that KBRY is the only person who dismissed the Barca show AND the only one i reckon to think that an indoor show was better than one of the stadium shows:hmm:

Can we trust this persons opinion:wink:

As opposed to the opinion of someone who thinks that U2 played only one encore at all the European shows:wink:

I only compared Barca with the other stadium shows, but I also included setlists. As all the shows I saw were great, one thing to differentiate is the songs played. Fact is, Barca saw the band drop the AIWIY/WH slot completely, they also dropped Yahweh to play Party Girl...23 songs doesn't cut it, frankly.

Would love to hear the thoughts of a couple of other members who were at Ams3, Croke 2/3 and Barca but they haven't spoken up.

Lewis12 said:

I think that just shows that in your opinion the europaen tour is better then the american tour.

KEVIN051269 said:

What rules:shrug: :lol:

I think ADAM 3 will have to be crowned champion soon

Interesting that KBRY is the only person who dismissed the Barca show AND the only one i reckon to think that an indoor show was better than one of the stadium shows:hmm:

Yes, being as this person is a connoisseur of all things U2, we have to trust him, however, I wonder if his number one show would still be number one without the debut of Miss Sarajevo?

KBRY:eyebrow: :wink:

1stOne said:

Yes, being as this person is a connoisseur of all things U2, we have to trust him, however, I wonder if his number one show would still be number one without the debut of Miss Sarajevo?

KBRY:eyebrow: :wink:

Of course, MS debuting that night was a big plus...a moment I'll never forget...but I really enjoyed the show, thought it was fun from the start!

Sorry Barca fans but someone else has posted on another thread that Lisbon was better than Barca.:sad:

Could we have a challenger to ADAM 3 ?:ohmy:

Lisboa better than Barcelona?? obviously that's a joke. The Alvalade stadium was full of muppets except the spanish that had come from Spain. In spanish forums ( not objective, I know, I know :madspit: ) the people said that the ranking of Iberica peninsula shows is:

- 1 Barcelona
- 2Madrid
- 3 Lisboa
- 4 San Sebastian

Barcelona was a great gig, I don't know if it was better than Amsterdam 3 but it was one of the three best european gigs for sure. Obviously the people that don't agrre with that point is the people that didn't attend the concert.
Anyway, its nos strange that a spanish concert becomes the best concert of one tour. It has happened before, for example, Madrid'87 was the best concert of the Joshua Tree tour ( Bono said ).

And I see that many people in the forum uses "barça" as a short name for Barcelona, but that's a mistake; "barça" is the short name used in catalan language for the football team. The right short name for Barcelona city is Barna.

Last edited:
Well,

To start your post is obviously xenophobe.

I saw the 4 Iberian shows and Barcelona and Lisbon were by far the best and imo the best of the European leg.
When you'll have the pleasure to listen and compare tapes of the four shows you'll see what i mean.

As for the portuguese being whatever you said just listen to the One MP3 i posted in the other thread.

I agree with you in one thing. Madrid 1987 was the best JTT show (as Bono said in this year Madrid show "One of the best nights of our lives). It was the first show i attended and still my favorite. Were you there?

Xenophobe??? Read my post I have said that Lisboa show was best than San Sebastian, but worst than Barcelona and Madrid. Its only an opinnion man.
And its a fact that hundreds of spanish were in Lisboa show ( most of them in the elypse).

I wasn't in Madrid, I was only a little boy, but if you were there you are one of the luckiest U2 fans in this forum.

:uhoh: Only a bit of fun remember........I'm sure Lisboa and Barna were special for you both:)

Re. Madrid 87. What Bono says must be true:wink:

Calling "muppets" to all Portuguese people, it's a xenophobe comment.

So i dont think coming here and offending people from other country is a very good thing to do.

So next time you refer to Portuguese people, please show some respect... if you want my respect. Because i know how to be stupid sometimes too.

OK, I apologize for calling muppets to portuguese audience in Lisboa gig. Please substitut this word for "quiet people". And please don't take the post so seriously and as a personal think.

U2Spain said:
OK, I apologize for calling muppets to portuguese audience in Lisboa gig. Please substitut this word for "quiet people". And please don't take the post so seriously and as a personal think.

I apologise you, but were you present in the Lisbon concert?

Because i don't understand how you can call us quiet people, when all people that were there were singing all songs from the heart.

Now if you say that spanish people are more louder persons... well that's a different story.

Nice discussion.....I was at the Barcelona concert (and the Potuguese overthere were also very loud like the Spanish !!)

IMO it was the best concert I've ever been (hard to admit for someone from the Netherlands ;-) ). Can't say if it was the best of this European leg but I can say that this was the first time that I saw Bono being really impressed by the crowd. I think a great concert is not a matter of setlists (stupid discussions) but it's about the whole atmosphere and that was more than great in Barcelona !!!

anouk010403 said:
Nice discussion.....I was at the Barcelona concert (and the Potuguese overthere were also very loud like the Spanish !!)

IMO it was the best concert I've ever been (hard to admit for someone from the Netherlands ;-) ). Can't say if it was the best of this European leg but I can say that this was the first time that I saw Bono being really impressed by the crowd. I think a great concert is not a matter of setlists (stupid discussions) but it's about the whole atmosphere and that was more than great in Barcelona !!!

exactly my thoughts, the band was speechless with the crowd, I know they've had bigger crowds but they were really surprised with the vibe and reactions from the crowd, even Larry would have this occasional big grin in his face. And you are right a lot of people are basing their best concert on setlists whether it was Miss Sarajevo debut, All I want Is You, snippets or whatever I could tell which song was coming and that didn't bother me at all

Squire said:

I apologise you, but were you present in the Lisbon concert?

Because i don't understand how you can call us quiet people, when all people that were there were singing all songs from the heart.

Now if you say that spanish people are more louder persons... well that's a different story.

Can't you understand that I was joking ??

I don't have nothing against portuguese, except the stupid Figo.

Back
Top Bottom