is the filming in chicago over?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artinis1

The Fly
from nick,
i was at the first two shows, are they going to film thursday as well or was it just the monday and tuesday shows, it would be cool if they shot some songs that were not played yet on thursday, so they could be bonus tracks for the upcoming dvd,
any info is appreciated,

I can't help but think they still need to film a useable performance of "40." The performance on 5/9 was fine, but the audience was shady as fuck. Since it wasn't played at all on 5/10, they'll either have to use the ass version from 5/9, use the audio (which I'm sure they have) from the dynamite crowd performance (and sub-par band performance...sigh) from 5/7, or just re-shoot the motherfucker (assuming it gets played) on 5/12 or another date.

Anybody hear me on this, or am I talking crazy?

I hope it's over.. I was right in front of Bono at 5/9, and hope they use mostly that show. But then again I am biased.

Rumor has it the Chicago shows will not see release on DVD, as the band feel their performance was sub-par. Instead, they will use the Vancouver shows.

If you shout... said:
I can't help but think they still need to film a useable performance of "40." The performance on 5/9 was fine, but the audience was shady as fuck.

Anybody hear me on this, or am I talking crazy?

Wow...I thought the audience was amazing. Especially during '40'. I was up front and I saw how Edge just stood there for a little bit after he stopped playing and just seemed to take it all in before giving a little nod as if to convey he was pleased before he left the stage.

My only complaint about 5/9 was.....nothing. Everything was perfect :up:

5/10 was great to but truthfully, by the end of that gig I was drained out.

Last edited:
I was at both Chicago 2 and 3, and I think most of the DVD will be from the show on the 10th. The band seemed much more on and having a good time IMO. I left Chicago 2 thinking "well, that was good but I've seen U2 do better" but I thought Chicago 3 was by far the best show I've ever been to. The only song that seemed sort of flat was "The Fly."

ImOuttaControl said:
I was at both Chicago 2 and 3, and I think most of the DVD will be from the show on the 10th. The band seemed much more on and having a good time IMO. I left Chicago 2 thinking "well, that was good but I've seen U2 do better" but I thought Chicago 3 was by far the best show I've ever been to. The only song that seemed sort of flat was "The Fly."

What were the two types of seats you had for the two shows? GAs for both?

They only filmed 4 songs at both Vancouver shows. COBL, LOPOE, RTSS, BTBS. Vancouver, beyond the 4 screens, had 5 seperate FILM cameras shooting the above 4 songs.

Although, they must have recorded the whole Van shows - and could just mix-n-match audio and video from different performances.

Any word on whether Chicago(s) was FILM or VIDEO? How many cameras?

u2fp

starvinmarvin said:
Rumor has it the Chicago shows will not see release on DVD, as the band feel their performance was sub-par. Instead, they will use the Vancouver shows.

Rumor from where, started by you?? hahaha jk :wink:

Based on what Bono said last night about spending a few birthday's in Chicago and wanting to film this trip and this will forever be the Vertigo Tour referring to the DVD filming in Chicago, I think it's a safe bet we will be seeing Vertigo Tour 2005 in our stockings come Christmas.

Well the release date might be off...but I don't see it not being released.

May 10 was brilliant in terms of Bono-antics. Hit all the poses. As far as band performance (crowd reaction aside) I can't imagine them being any better than they were last night. They were on fire. And for the people's sake that might have bought just Chicago 2,3,4 I hope the filming is over...or they might just see 3 almost identical setlists.

Aside from the greatest U2 ending ever...Vertigo TWICE!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom