Is Mofo coming or not???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Will U2 do a real Popencore with Mofo and Discotheque replacing Zoo Station and The Fly?
Since 3rd leg is full of two nights in one city, it would be tremendous if Zoo Station-The Fly and Mofo-Discotheque would rotate in the setlists. Or even better, if we see them in one set together (best setlist ever, anyone? :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: )

Mofo was rehearsed.
Does U2 have the proper balls to return this kickass song back in the set?

MOOOOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Chicago 2 - the first place to look.

djerdap said:
Will U2 do a real Popencore with Mofo and Discotheque replacing Zoo Station and The Fly?
Since 3rd leg is full of two nights in one city, it would be tremendous if Zoo Station-The Fly and Mofo-Discotheque would rotate in the setlists. Or even better, if we see them in one set together (best setlist ever, anyone? :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: )

Mofo was rehearsed.
Does U2 have the proper balls to return this kickass song back in the set?

MOOOOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Chicago 2 - the first place to look.

as much as I love WOWY, I'd much rather see Disco/Mofo/The Fly. I really hope they don't cut out The Fly because that's arguably one of the major highlights of Vertigo tour right now...

I really, really, REALLY hope we see Mofo. It'd be nice to see Please too. but right now I'm just happy they're playing DISCOTHEQUE!!!!!! :rockon:

if mofo was rehearsed they will perform it. bet on it! who ever would have believed that they would've played fast cars???
mofo and discotheque are on their ways to come back..................

Am I the only one thinking that if they really are going to pull out all these songs now that they should have played much earlier on this tour, they ought to record a new DVD? :hmm:

I wish to God they would cut out WOWY if for no other reason than the fact I'm sick to death of the 157 various "Bono, it's my birthday, dance with me?" signs that invariably make it in on a nightly basis.

I absolutely agree they shouldn't cut The Fly, but I would be perfectly happy if With or Without You doesn't see the light of day again.
So yeah, Mofo/Discotheque/The Fly would be phenomenal.
But, if Mofo was rehearsed, that doesn't necessarily mean it will get played. Crumbs, anyone? Or Spanish Eyes in Barcelona this year?

If they ARE going to play WOWY, it should be in a sensible setlist spot rather than after a rocking song like The Fly.

Make the encore Discotheque/Mofo/Fly. That'd rule.

Axver said:
If they ARE going to play WOWY, it should be in a sensible setlist spot rather than after a rocking song like The Fly.

Agreed. I'm ticked I missed the setlist party last night---this place must have lit up when Discotheque came through!

As for Spanish Eyes, they're waiting for 10/19 to play it for me. :wink:

is everyone sure they rehearsed mofo? as far as i know all people heard was a "backing track" during the Tuesday rehearsals... and i'll go further and remind people that when Pop Muzik came on last night, some people thought it was Mofo, so maybe the "backing track" = Pop Muzik ?

Axver said:

oh my god axver actually agrees with me :lol:

bcrt2000 said:
... and i'll go further and remind people that when Pop Muzik came on last night, some people thought it was Mofo

Yeah I was one of them..I almost dislocated my shoulder going absolutely friggin out of my mind mental during Pop Musik in anticipation of Mofo starting up lol...but then Discoteque...which was great, but not the same for me as Mofo would have been lol.

I hope you're right about people mistaking the intro in rehearsals...if they introduce Mofo into the set, it's going to cost me large since Tor4 was supposed to be my last show :wink:

That would totally to play Mofo, Discotheque, The Fly or Untill the End of the World in the first encore.:drool: I never use the drool smilie but that encore deserves it. Or even better yet just play all four songs and I'm sure WOWOY would fit better right after UTEOTW if the boys really wanted to play it.

Wowoy should be played every show. Greatest song in the catalogue, and wasn't play much on the 1st leg.

Gone much better than discotheque so they should just play:

(pop muzik)
Mofo
Gone
The Fly
Wowoy

jphelmet said:
Wowoy should be played every show. Greatest song in the catalogue, and wasn't play much on the 1st leg.

Gone much better than discotheque so they should just play:

(pop muzik)
Mofo
Gone
The Fly
Wowoy

Agreed, Gone should come and Discotheque should be returned to storage and WOWY stays.

MOFO would be a superb addition to the set. I think I'll go streaking in the rain if it shows up.

WOWY=Piss break. Seriously, it's like the band are even bored when they play it. Same goes for Pride, but that's another story...

I'm really interested to see what happens in the 2 night stand in Chicago since I'll be attending the 1st two NY shows in October.

Will they do the Zoo encore one night and Pop the 2nd night? Or is the Pop roulette wheel thing here to stay with Discoteque both nights?

My dream would be to have Zooropa Babies the 1st night with Zoo Station/The Fly/Mysterious Ways and then the Pop symbols with Pop Musik into Mofo/Discoteque/Gone.

Too bad that will happen when hell freezes over. :|

Can't wait until Tuesday/Wednesday anyway to see what happens :hyper:

Or maybe I should just have a little will power and stay away from the internet for 19 days to experience at least some surprise on this tour. :crazy:

anitram said:
I wish to God they would cut out WOWY if for no other reason than the fact I'm sick to death of the 157 various "Bono, it's my birthday, dance with me?" signs that invariably make it in on a nightly basis.

:lmao:

I know, in Toronto the amount of signs asking to go onstage reached a frenzy I must say.

But it wouldn't make any difference if they cut WOWY, because Bono will always bring girls onstage, only during different songs. And I wouldn't want him to stop, it's always a great moment in the show. Although I like the fact that he doesn't do it systematically, and not always at the same moment (for example last night no one got on stage). It has to stay real and spontaneous.

I love WOWY to death, it's the song that got me into U2, and I actually think that it's the only perfect song in the history of music. So I can't be sick of it. That being said, I agree that it hasn't been that great live lately, and I don't think it should have a permanent spot in the set-list. They should just throw it in from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom