Is it worth the gamble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyYourKite

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Ok so I've been a lurker here for quite some time and just saw my first U2 show Chicago II and was blown away (clearly, who wouldn't be? :drool:)

I want to see them in Toronto so badly but seeing as how the general sale has long come and gone, chances of getting tickets at decent prices are slim to none. I've looked around ebay, stubhub, etc. and the lowest I've seen for GA is around 200 CAD. GA would be my number one choice since I had seats in Chiacgo. I've read on here that ticketmaster releases a bunch of tickets closer to the actual dates...but that is quite a gamble, is it not? Cause you basically have to be on ticketmaster the second they're released or else you're not gonna get any. Is it worth it to take this risk and wait? What about ticketmaster releasing tickets on the day of the event? If you camped out infront of the box office what are your chances of getting any?

Thanks for any advice you can give :p

Hmm...that's a tough question. I was the beneficiary of a Ticketmaster drop, but it was upper deck seats. GAs are extremely rare in these instances.

On the other hand, I have managed to avoid paying scalper prices for all six shows i'm going to right now and in September, so I'd hate to pay $200+ for a $50 ticket.

Sorry, I don't think I've really helped. :huh:

Thanks for your response knox! I can't decide at all....and I feel sad :( lol Is GA worth it? Or should I just pay less for seats in the 300 level? I had section 105 for Chicago II and the 300s just seem to not stand up. I figured the ones released from ticketmaster at the box office wouldn't be GA, but one can only hope.

There's two GA tickets up on ebay right now for 9/16 and the highest bid is 26.85 CAD. Seems a little sketchy to me but there are still 6 days left of bidding. One of the feedback reviews for the seller was "Honest ticket seller! Loved the show". Anyone think this is the real thing? How can you tell on ebay?

Last edited:
Fly...

6 days is an eternity for ebay bdiding. Wait til a day before it closes to start paying attention.

I had great success finding ticets a day or two before the shows in Chicago. Both TM drops happen and you should be able to find some last minute opportunities on craigslist toronto (many willing to sell for face). That's worked for me so far and thats my plan for Chicago in september.

GA is worth it if you get into the ellipse, or are willing to camp out all day, be one of the first 50 or so in line, and be pretty much guaranteed a spot alon the railing, so you can see.

If you end up in the middle of the pack, it kind of sucks. If you're somewhat tall, the back isn't a bad place to stand - usually a lot more wiggle room back there.

The downside of GA is that you miss a lot of the cool lighting they've got going on.

Thanks for all the responses! They've helped a lot. One more question though, GA compared to seats in the 300 level. What's better? I'd be willing to camp out all day for a good GA spot...but then again having the reserved seating is less of a hassle and worry.

Really the question is floor for a couple hundred or seats that no one sits in anyways for $165 each? To me unless you are short, that is not even a question. I've done the GA now 4 times in the last 2 tours and would never do seats save when I go with my wife (again the short thing or should I say average height for a woman). I also disagree with needing to be one of the first camping in line. In my opinoin, standing at the very back of the GA crowd is a better experience than pretty much any seat in the house. Yes the front is better, but anywhere on the floor is pretty awesome.

I prefer the floor, but that's just me. I want to be down there with the people, ya know. Not that the people aren't all over the arena, but the feeling is just more intense down there, IMO. When I was in a seat, I didn't feel I could jump up and down and be as excited as when you are down shoulder to shoulder with the fans, jumping, and reeling off the momentum and the heat of the moment, if that makes any sense. And yes, I still need GAs for my fall LA shows :ohmy:

I can't imagine anyone who really, really, really, truly, wants to go to any shows on this tour won't be able to get in. There's been drops all over the place within a week of these shows. I've pulled up random Philly tickets off and on just for kicks. It's a matter of this: How much of your life do you want to spend sitting in front of your screen and figuring out that funky word that they have you type in? I would say that with some determination (and patience for TM.com) that you'll be able to avoid the scalper fees and get in.

FlyYourKite said:
Thanks for your response knox! I can't decide at all....and I feel sad :( lol Is GA worth it? Or should I just pay less for seats in the 300 level? I had section 105 for Chicago II and the 300s just seem to not stand up. I figured the ones released from ticketmaster at the box office wouldn't be GA, but one can only hope.

There's two GA tickets up on ebay right now for 9/16 and the highest bid is 26.85 CAD. Seems a little sketchy to me but there are still 6 days left of bidding. One of the feedback reviews for the seller was "Honest ticket seller! Loved the show". Anyone think this is the real thing? How can you tell on ebay?

Whats so sketchy about that? I guess it depends on the person that left the good feedback, check the person that left the feedback, feedback rating, and if they have good feedback, then it sounds good to me, if he doesnt have good feedback like (0) then it could be a scam. And make sure the person that your buying from has the real tickets, not ticketfast tickets. Ive boughten couple pairs of tickets myself off ebay!

Back
Top Bottom