IS it only me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzlingamy

Refugee
The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - M
That STILL feels slighty teary/depressed when Wake Up randomly comes up on Itunes or I listen to any COBL bootlegs...

cause I didn't think I'd still feel this way, one month later, but I still feel so sad, and YEARNY (yes i made that word up) when I hear the start of a u2 concert...

no? ok then :reject:

:(

dazzlingamy said:
That STILL feels slighty teary/depressed when Wake Up randomly comes up on Itunes or I listen to any COBL bootlegs...

cause I didn't think I'd still feel this way, one month later, but I still feel so sad, and YEARNY (yes i made that word up) when I hear the start of a u2 concert...

Post concert blues do suck. :( :hug:

Yep i get post concert depression.... The fact is i cant see a U2 show even if i wanted to fly anywhere because they wont be touring for a couple of years :( .

Oh well the deserve a long break... But don't be too long :p . Looking forward to the IMAX thing hope it is awesome!

Anytime I hear Wake Up , My blood gets on fire :wink: No Serious , It's of the greatest feelings I get when I hear this song ..... :drool:

It's something quite incredible , I don't even rememember the concert , but before I even think , I feel good when listening to it .... Amazin

I feel much better when I can listen to the boots of the shows I was at.
It's so nice to relive them and hopefully that will get me through the next couple of years before the next tour.

Mark

dazzlingamy said:

I feel your pain:hug:

Hang in there...

I'm kinda glad my first U2 show was one of their worst shows and I was behind the stage. I got to ease into it, instead of being front row of the ellipse my first show out - what could top that?

I was kinda depressed after the first time I met Bono. It wasn't at a show, but it was just when I was becoming a U2 fan so I'd got myself so hyped that when it happened and the high wore off, I was rock bottom for days. I mean, I had a fever over 100 and was physically ill, which made it worst (sleeping on cement in sub-freezing temps = baaaad).

Whenever I hear Wake Up, I get all excited without even realizing it. When it's done, I have to listen to COBL or it seems like a waste :)

Wake Up definitely gets me excited as opposed to sad....I have flashbacks, for lack of a better term, and I feel almost like I felt when I've heard it before shows.

No spoken words said:
Wake Up definitely gets me excited as opposed to sad....I have flashbacks, for lack of a better term, and I feel almost like I felt when I've heard it before shows.

Yep. I'm straight back to the cold Auckland air, full of anticipation.

I freaked out when i heard it then, i do the same now.

I ought to take a shower, not dry and then sit in a cold breeze and play it....to make the experience complete.

I get goosebumps whenever I hear it and I always expect to hear it fade into COBL. I wonder what song they will pick to open the next tour :hmm:

I wonder if Arcade Fire , has any idea of the power their song has upon millions of another band's fans over the globe

J_NP said:
I wonder if Arcade Fire , has any idea of the power their song has upon millions of another band's fans over the globe

That song is just so relevant, the lyrics are so true.. I am so thankful U2 opened that concert with that song.

Another great song of there's is Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels), beautiful.

LuvandPeace1980 said:

That song is just so relevant, the lyrics are so true.. I am so thankful U2 opened that concert with that song.

Another great song of there's is Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels), beautiful.

I love Arcade Fire. I got to see them a year ago Sept. in between Vertigo shows. They are a blast live. Also, they are scheduled to play NYC in Feb. I wish I could go.

Mark

Lemonboy said:
It still happens to me withSergeant Pepper. so No.

That's what preceded the Elevation Influx Mix before they walked on stage during the Elevation Tour right?

I had forgotten it was Sgt. Pepper's.

Mark

Same here... I try to listen to the studio version of Wake Up, but by the time the second verse ends I always have switched over to a boot of one of the 3 Vertigo shows I went to... ahh memories:)

U2jer said:
Same here... I try to listen to the studio version of Wake Up, but by the time the second verse ends I always have switched over to a boot of one of the 3 Vertigo shows I went to... ahh memories:)
So I'm not the only one then :shifty: :D

I dug out my long neglected Arcade Fire CD and am listening to "Wake Up" right this very minute.

And yeah. . .it does take you right back there.

I don't remember that kind of "peppy" ending to the song. Did they fade into the "Everyone, Everyone" thing before it got to this part of the song?

maycocksean said:
I dug out my long neglected Arcade Fire CD and am listening to "Wake Up" right this very minute.

And yeah. . .it does take you right back there.

I don't remember that kind of "peppy" ending to the song. Did they fade into the "Everyone, Everyone" thing before it got to this part of the song?

Yes

Sometimes I still shiver when I hear Wake Up and it's been more than a year... So I understand what you feel:wink:

The same happens when I go to the stadium where the concert was or pass near it... It takes me back there too...

Back
Top Bottom