Is Bono using a teleprompter????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
everyone uses it... from AC/DC to The Stones to U2.. only Bono doesn't use it, if you know what I mean :wink:

if you don't: THE FLY

do you now? :mad:

Quick Question:

If that is in fact a teleprompter and not an XBox screen, why is Bono still forgetting words?

Not sure he has gotten The Fly right yet.

cmb737 said:
Quick Question:

If that is in fact a teleprompter and not an XBox screen, why is Bono still forgetting words?

Not sure he has gotten The Fly right yet.

good question ... I guess there is no teleprompter at the end of the ellipse.

Do you think he's using it because the set lists are more varied this time out??

I didn't notice any Zoo Station cock-ups at either Seattle show.

While Bono may have a mini teleprompter in front of him may only be a safety net. We'll wait for reports of him using the screen at future shows.

It's no different than him having lyrics taped to the stage like he has had in past tours.

Maybe the screen is only being used for his between song speeches?

U2FP

I've seen REM use a music stand

Pearl Jam use a notebook

Guns N Roses use a teleprompter(and they only had 3 albums at the time)

What I find odd is that 1: Bono still moves around more than any front man I've seen and 2: He still forgets the lyrics.:wink:

So if he's using one, he's not using it well.

The teleprompter's there, and I wish Bono would actually use it. He's fucked up lyrics so many times on this tour its kind of disappointing. But he deserves a pass for all the Africa work he's doing. Remembering lyrics is really not that important relative to the problems in Africa. Go Bono!

i like when bono changes the poetry of his music around while singing; adapting the poetry of his music to a paticular environment, then i love watching tapers get erections or frowns as he does so.:wink:

im ok w the element of surprise as all u2 fans should be.

db9

Last edited:
diamond said:
i like when bono changes the poetry of his music around while singing; adapting the poetry of his music to a paticular environment, then i love watching tapers get erections or frowns as he does so.:wink:

im ok w the element of surprise as all u2 fans should be.

db9

I like it when he changes it around too and I love the element of surprise -- when it sounds good. I love his moments of brilliance, but I can't say I worship his fuckups too.

So what if he messes up the lyrics. Does that mean the show is totally ruined then or the song? No, not at all.
Besides, I think he's probably purposely changing some of these lyrics, so songs such as The Fly.

Nothing wrong with that. May suck for those who liked the line (s) that was left out, but hey, they are HIS songs.. he wrote them, so he can do whatever he wants with them, and even when he does mix them up, they are still very cool.

I don't care if he uses a teleprompter. Also, it makes the show more memorable when any of them make some mistake! :giggle: The only problem with Bono forgetting/changing the lyrics is that it makes it difficult to sing along. :lmao:

Ha! Electronic, schmeletronic!

What's wrong with writing the set list on a bit of paper then gaffering it to the stage?

Then in time honoured fashion the roadies rip it off the floor and throw it into the crowd where it gets ripped into a million pieces.

Or as already mentioned, Michael Stipe and his music stand, where again he throws it into the crowd and you can get a souvenir.

Where's the fun in a teleprompter?!

*exits muttering about bloody technology in the 21st century*

Do you think maybe his shades are prescription (as to why he never seems to take them off anymore) would certainly make it easier to read a telepromter...

dont tell anyone but tom brokaw also used one. he didnt really know all that news.

friggin' bono!

hes a really good musician but he stinks to high heaven at using the teleprompter.

Re: dont tell anyone but tom brokaw also used one. he didnt really know all that news.

kobayashi said:
hes a really good musician but he stinks to high heaven at using the teleprompter.

C'mon--it's not easy when you've got a trillion songs with a wide range of topics and tons of beautiful lyrics--spanning 27 years. To be honest, the only reason we know all the words is that we listen to each album 5 times a day 7 days a week.

I'd much prefer an occasionally used teleprompter than the old Ashlee Simpson stint....

If you watch the New Order 511 - Live at Finsbury Park DVD, you'll see Bernard Sumner use one. And doesn't David Bowie have a big book of song lyrics on stage too? It's not a big deal.

many major acts use one... never noticed bono using one before this though :shrug:

as previously stated, who cares...

and also... yes i know the problems in africa are friggin more important thatn a u2 concert, but that doesn't mean that for a couple hundred bucks you can expect the lead singer to remember the words...

Back
Top Bottom