Into to Streets Not as good as Elevation tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lrcllb

The Fly
Who agrees with me, there is no denying that Bono's intro to Streets didn't match that of the Elevation tour!

bring back the old intro. start a petition.

If you want a good intro, look no further than the one on 26 December 1989 with a snippet of William Wordsworth's Resolution And Independence. :drool:

I like the really long intros like on JT, Lovetown and elevation. Who knows maybe it will change as the tour progresses?

Yeah, but I'm sure it will get much better. We are only 1 show into the tour. Give them time.

During the show I felt the same way but this version is growing on me. I do miss Bono on his knees at the front of the heart, citing Psalm 116 and the way he ran around the heart...that energy was missing a bit on Monday night but I'm sure it will all change as the tour matures.

Westport said:
During the show I felt the same way but this version is growing on me. I do miss Bono on his knees at the front of the heart, citing Psalm 116 and the way he ran around the heart...that energy was missing a bit on Monday night but I'm sure it will all change as the tour matures.

Hi!

Let's hope so........maybe he just needs to get back......

carol
wizard2c
:|

PS: Did anyone give the band a red rose??

I like the chanting part. Nothing will ever match Slane intro to streets as long as we live...but he will bring the magic; give him a couple shows.

Now if only he could remember the words to his own songs:wink:

lrcllb said:
Who agrees with me, there is no denying that Bono's intro to Streets didn't match that of the Elevation tour!

bring back the old intro. start a petition.

I agree ... I think they should do it this way...

"Bad" / "Scarlet" / "Streets"

The way they did "Bad-40-Streets" was of course magic, but give them some time to make the set complete, you'll see...

Boston 2001 (the dvd) - is just magic imo. I love it. Hopefully by the end of the tour, there will be another performence that I can appreciate even more.

Let's hope it improves over the course of the tour. For Wednesday night's show, the transition into Streets was poorly done - not really a musical flow and the "Africa" theme was somewhat rambling.

I would have called it a low point in the show.

I agree! I went to both San Diego shows and on the last two tours streets brought me to my knees. I haven't been able to get into yet with two shows behind me. Lets hope they just need some practice.

Nube Gris said:
hell yes, the Scarlet/Strees seems a great option

Can't you just picture it ... Bono finishes up the remaining words to "Bad" and The Edge keeps playing. Then suddenly Bono starts singing rejoice , with Edge hitting Harmonics on his guitar. Then the Band stops playing and the crowd keeps singng rejoice , then they come in with "Streets" with Bono doing his opera-ish sustain thing like on the Boston version of "Streets".

I really think the should do the "Bad"/"Scarlet"/"Streets" combo.:drool:

Last edited:
Running to Stand Still --> Streets was the best transition ever.

That said, I really like this new intro. It gives me chills to hear that chant of "Africa! Africa! Africa!" over the opening notes of Streets. I can't wait to see this live.

A question for those who have been to the shows. Do they still bring up the house lights? Usually you know when that happens because the audience gets overwhelmingly loud. But not so on either of the San Diego shows.

Every live streets was getting better until now. Zootv streets was getting better with the extended synth intro after running to stand still. Popmart streets was rebuilt and sounded more amazing than before, especially with the please connection. Elevation streets still had a good new feeling to it, and I liked that little roar he did at the start. The vertigo tour streets sounds exactly the same as elevation except he yells Africa! Africa! At the start.

I’m absolutely sure it will get better during the tour though, I can see him making a good transition between Pride and Streets.

Pride....Streets just doesn't work for me, IMO.

And the Africa bit is beautiful on paper and in theory, but it stilts the transition into Streets, IMO.

I can see them moving COBL to open the encore, and fade into Streets

Oh you look so beautiful tonight!
oh you...look so...beautiful....toniiiiiiiiiight...
*piano starts going on and fades into the ever so amazing Streets guirar intro*

of course crowd singing along is a must.

Axver said:
If you want a good intro, look no further than the one on 26 December 1989 with a snippet of William Wordsworth's Resolution And Independence. :drool:

As far as those intros go, Dec. 30, 1989 version of Streets blows me away. I love the quoting of Jack Kerouac in the intro. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom